autoincrement numeric field
Author Message
 autoincrement numeric field

what is the proper sytax to put in Initial value of a field, or formula editor
to autoincrement a numeric field by 1 in a browse.
i tried        fil:a += 1  also  fil:a + 1
I know when I embed this in a loop process this works but would like to use a
variable in a colum in my browse that fills in order from first rec to last
I'd like this in a browse or report but don't see any results...  what am I
missing besides brains....

thanks,

Raymond Pistey Jr

Sun, 29 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 autoincrement numeric field
Assuming this field is the primary key - in Dictionary for key properties->attributes tab: Set the 'Auto Number' checkbox.

HTH
--
Viggo Kleven
MediLink Software AS

Sun, 29 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 autoincrement numeric field
try field = field += 1

HTH

Mon, 30 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. moving a alpha numeric field to a numeric field

2. Appending Records with AutoIncrement Field Key-fields

3. Covert COBOL Computational Field To Numeric Field In FoxPro

4. Autoincrement Field with SQL-7

5. Insert with Autoincrement field-Gurus Help

6. Numlocks on numeric fields

7. Cobol File Conversions - Numeric Fields

8. Limit characters in numeric field

9. HELP needed to paste to numeric field

10. immediate entry field numeric

11. xBase numeric fields

12. DBFNSX - Index on Numeric Field length 7 ERROR ?