Copying files and changing attributes (cw20)
Author Message
 Copying files and changing attributes (cw20)

This may be out of scope for this ng but any pointers are appreciated.  Is
there a way to copy files like Windows Explorer does it (flying folders).  Also
is there a way to change attributes in files.  I have done this using the RUN
command but the black window does not look too professional and I would rather
use some windows function if available.

By the way, I though I posted this message before but when I tried to check for
replies the message was not there.  If somebody already answered I apologize.

Mon, 20 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Copying files and changing attributes (cw20)
I think the flying folders thingy is an AVI.

Mon, 20 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Copying files and changing attributes (cw20)
Check out power run, it's cheep and does what you want and more.
http://members.aol.com/GBerthume

HTH

Bill Rollins

Quote:
> This may be out of scope for this ng but any pointers are appreciated.  Is
> there a way to copy files like Windows Explorer does it (flying folders).
Also
> is there a way to change attributes in files.  I have done this using the
RUN
> command but the black window does not look too professional and I would
rather
> use some windows function if available.

> By the way, I though I posted this message before but when I tried to
check for
> replies the message was not there.  If somebody already answered I

apologize.

Mon, 20 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Copying files and changing attributes (cw20)
Quote:

> This may be out of scope for this ng but any pointers are appreciated.  Is
> there a way to copy files like Windows Explorer does it (flying folders).  Also
> is there a way to change attributes in files.  I have done this using the RUN
> command but the black window does not look too professional and I would rather
> use some windows function if available.

You can use the exact same animation that window uses for copy or delete folders
if you want. The api is called ShfileOperation. Or you can just use the windows
animation control to display a animation of your choosing and do the file copy
quite normally.
  In 32 bit you can change file attributes easily with setfileattributesA() api.
  Sounds like you need to go to msdn.microsoft.com and do some reading!
-------
Jim Kane  - TeamTopSpeed
Productive Software Solutions
Can't Find that Message?
Get Organized, Get ForKeeps!
www.fkeeps.com

Mon, 20 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Copying files, changing attributes (CW20)

2. Copying files, changing attributes (CW20)

3. Copying files / changing attributes (CW20)

4. CW2.003 File copy changes the date.....need a way to copy w/o date change

5. Setting file attributes and Copying files

6. CW2.003 Copy file changes file date

7. Changing file attributes at runtime

8. C4 ABC - Change of file attribute

9. CW20 List Boxes w/ Mark Attribute

10. Change File Attributes

11. CW20: Printing Mutiple Copies of a Report

12. Copy file without date change.