Enterprise Edition - Why/Why not???
Author Message
 Enterprise Edition - Why/Why not???

Do I need this? I am an independent developer, few clients, not producing
any "off-the-shelf" type of stuff. Is the Enterprise Edition something we
all need, or just some of us? Who?

Rocky

Thu, 19 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Enterprise Edition - Why/Why not???

Thanks, Rocky, for giving voice to the kind of doubt that nags us all,
or at least many of us I think. At least it nags me. What's worse, I
don't even know if I have the "Enterprise Edition". All I know is what
I have seems to do the job. Ignorance is bliss!

        Bill

Quote:

>Do I need this? I am an independent developer, few clients, not producing
>any "off-the-shelf" type of stuff. Is the Enterprise Edition something we
>all need, or just some of us? Who?
>Rocky

Thu, 19 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Enterprise Edition - Why/Why not???

Thanks for the kind words, Bill. Somehow, I think you would know if you had
the Enterprise Edition - at least your checkbook would know - it's being
offered (beta 1) for $999. I don't think it is something I need, but I'm not
real sure... Are we all going to be "encouraged" to move up to it, a la Win
95/NT? Will Topspeed phase out support for the "regular" stuff, or is
Enterprise going to remain another offering, along with Professional, etc???

Rocky

Quote:

>Thanks, Rocky, for giving voice to the kind of doubt that nags us all,
>or at least many of us I think. At least it nags me. What's worse, I
>don't even know if I have the "Enterprise Edition". All I know is what
>I have seems to do the job. Ignorance is bliss!

> Bill

>>Do I need this? I am an independent developer, few clients, not producing
>>any "off-the-shelf" type of stuff. Is the Enterprise Edition something we
>>all need, or just some of us? Who?

>>Rocky

Thu, 19 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Enterprise Edition - Why/Why not???

Me? I've just been ignoring it, 'cause whatever it is I have seems to
do all I need and more. However, your issue of "Will Topspeed phase
out support for ..." scares the heck out of me. Think I'll stick my
head back into the sand and be happy. <g>

        Bill

To TopSpeed: I suggest marketing the heck out of Clarion. You have a
great product, but the rest of the world only knows about PowerBuilder
and Delphi. Get a public image and you'll attract more developers and
customers and the whole thing snowballs. Know where you fit vis the
other two. Go for it, guys! it'll be good for us all!!!

Quote:

>Thanks for the kind words, Bill. Somehow, I think you would know if you had
>the Enterprise Edition - at least your checkbook would know - it's being
>offered (beta 1) for $999. I don't think it is something I need, but I'm not
>real sure... Are we all going to be "encouraged" to move up to it, a la Win
>95/NT? Will Topspeed phase out support for the "regular" stuff, or is
>Enterprise going to remain another offering, along with Professional, etc???
>Rocky

>>Thanks, Rocky, for giving voice to the kind of doubt that nags us all,
>>or at least many of us I think. At least it nags me. What's worse, I
>>don't even know if I have the "Enterprise Edition". All I know is what
>>I have seems to do the job. Ignorance is bliss!

>> Bill

>>>Do I need this? I am an independent developer, few clients, not producing
>>>any "off-the-shelf" type of stuff. Is the Enterprise Edition something we
>>>all need, or just some of us? Who?

>>>Rocky

Sun, 22 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. why why why oh why why baby

2. Why (or why not) one module per file?

3. why TCL and why not TCL with JAVA

4. Why, Why Why????

5. why why why (mouse related question)

6. Trade Delphi 5 Enterprise Edition for Clarion Web Edition with Web Broker

7. CW50 Enterprise edition & professional edition

8. C5 Enterprise Edition to C5 Professional Edition

9. Is this legal and if not why not?

10. Why, oh why?

11. Why o why

12. Why TCL? Why Scripting