Troubles with BUILD in ABC templates, persist.
Author Message
 Troubles with BUILD in ABC templates, persist.

I am still having trubles when add a new record using APPEND, because this
process do not update the key order. I have created new records in a child
file, and they does not appear in the file. If I go to the Top Speed
Database Scan, I can see them in the tab byrecordnumber, but not in the
other tabs ones.

I want to add a record as the Top Speed Database Scanner does. Add a record,
insert the values, and all indexes (keys) update inmediatly.

I think that must exist a method to do thah, but I do not know where is the
documentation for classes.... I am almost lost. HELP.

Mon, 05 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Troubles with BUILD in ABC templates, persist.
Pablo,
Change the APPEND to ADD.
If you use APPEND then you must BUILD(<filename>) to create the keys.
ADD will update the keys as each record is created.

Bobby in C{*filter*}te

Quote:

> I am still having trubles when add a new record using APPEND, because this
> process do not update the key order. I have created new records in a child
> file, and they does not appear in the file. If I go to the Top Speed
> Database Scan, I can see them in the tab byrecordnumber, but not in the
> other tabs ones.

> I want to add a record as the Top Speed Database Scanner does. Add a record,
> insert the values, and all indexes (keys) update inmediatly.

> I think that must exist a method to do thah, but I do not know where is the
> documentation for classes.... I am almost lost. HELP.

Mon, 05 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Troubles with BUILD in ABC templates.

2. ABC Select Directory template ABC

3. ABC templates... can i change an applications templates

4. Clarion templates to ABC templates

5. Conersion from Clarion Templates to ABC templates

6. SQL and Clarion template vs ABC template

7. Nettools Template for Clarion 5 for ABC Templates

8. Mail and Fax Templates Problem - C5EE - ABC templates

9. Wierd problem when calling function ABC as: [ABC] *or* eval ABC

10. C5 abc SECWIN Font Trouble

11. Help with trouble autoincrementing non-ABC

12. Tim Phillips - ABC free templates