EMAIL VIRUS HOAXES
Author Message
 EMAIL VIRUS HOAXES

Hi Martin,

Quote:

>>No, generally researchers who work with biological viruses take great care
>>that they don't get released to the world, or to themselves. The same with
>>computer viruses.

>That is exactly my point. Researches do not send messages to the public
>newsgroups offering Ebola virus for anybody to play with. It should be same
>way with computer viruses. When you pass a virus you simply can not be sure
>where and more importantly HOW it is going to be used. Maybe the very same
>virus infects computers in the airfield control at the airport you are
>going to land on your next vacation... Not possible?

Good going Martin - for those who are flying in to Florida next month
for DevCon<vbg>  Viruses, biological or not, should be handled with
care.  Some are relatively harmless, like a common cold, while others
are indeed deadly, both for us and our PC's;)  Fortunately we don't
have anything as horribly deadly as the Ebola virus in our computer
world.  If I recall the ebola virus attachs the body cell's membrane
and destoys it and in the end the offer simply disolves!

I agree that viruses shouldn't be distributed without utmost care and
that applies to both biological and electronic versions...

Quote:
>I know this has nothing to do with Clarion and I don't know how I *always*
>get involved in these non Clarion related conversations, but I simply can

Just shows that you have other interests too<g>

Best regards,

Arnor Baldvinsson
Allerup Edb
Tel: +45 4675 7122
Fax: +45 4675 7144
Denmark

http://www.*-*-*.com/
UIN nr.: 2428601

Sun, 13 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 EMAIL VIRUS HOAXES

Hi Martin,

Quote:

>>If nobody studied viruses we wouldn't have any antivirus software:)

>...and that's why everybody should have a right to distribute thousands of
>more or less dangerous viruses to anyone who wants them? Even for those who
>don't know exactly how to handle them and for those whose only intention is
>to infect employers computer system before they quit the job. Come on!

Definetely NOT.  Merely pointing out that somebody's got to study
those beasts so that we can sleep at night:)

Best regards,

Arnor Baldvinsson
Allerup Edb
Tel: +45 4675 7122
Fax: +45 4675 7144
Denmark

http://www.icetips.com
UIN nr.: 2428601

Sun, 13 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 EMAIL VIRUS HOAXES

Quote:
>No, generally researchers who work with biological viruses take great care
>that they don't get released to the world, or to themselves. The same with
>computer viruses.

That is exactly my point. Researches do not send messages to the public
newsgroups offering Ebola virus for anybody to play with. It should be same
way with computer viruses. When you pass a virus you simply can not be sure
where and more importantly HOW it is going to be used. Maybe the very same
virus infects computers in the airfield control at the airport you are
going to land on your next vacation... Not possible?

I know this has nothing to do with Clarion and I don't know how I *always*
get involved in these non Clarion related conversations, but I simply can
not tolerate viruses more than spreading them around without any worries
and especially without thinking the possible dangerous consequences.

Best regards,

                Martin Allen :)

Sun, 13 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Hoax AOL Virus

2. Virus hoaxes

3. Fw: Major Virus Warning -- Is a Hoax

4. Hoax virus - how do I recover?

5. hoax email

6. jdbgmgr.exe virus hoax

7. jdbgmgr.exe Virus ( Legit or Hoax)

8. jdbgmgr.exe is NOT A VIRUS it is a HOAX

9. virus or hoax

10. help !!!!!! with the jdbgmgr.exe virus or hoax

11. jdbgmgr.exe virus hoax

12. IMPORTANT....Virus or Hoax