Refresh Browse In Abc
Author Message
 Refresh Browse In Abc

Everyone,
 Here is my example. I have an application with Window A and Window B open.

 Window B's file is linked to the file in Window A. When I update the file
in Window B I am establishing the link between the files in Window A and B.
Therefore I want to refresh Window A, because I want the linked record in
Window A to change color. I already have the color attribute set for the
fields. I have tried it with the variable from the linked file used in the
color attribute bound as a hot field and not a hot field and this seems to
make no difference.

 Any thoughts? I have tried a lot of different things and I can not get it
to work. I have tried, Brw1:updatewindow, ThisWindow.Update etc. and I can
not get it to work the way I think it should work

Thanks in advance,
 Barry

Sat, 21 May 2005 07:36:40 GMT
 Refresh Browse In Abc
Barry,

    Assuming these two windows are on separate threads, you'll have to
post a user defined event from one to the other to trigger an update. If
they are on the same thread (Window B called by Window A), you have to
be sure Window A is refreshing after the call. This all assumes that,
when you close and reopen Window A, the display is correct.

    Regards,

    kurtt

    Kurt Pawlikowski
    The Pinrod Corporation

    (773) 284-9500
    http://pinrod.com

Quote:

>Everyone,
> Here is my example. I have an application with Window A and Window B open.

> Window B's file is linked to the file in Window A. When I update the file
>in Window B I am establishing the link between the files in Window A and B.
>Therefore I want to refresh Window A, because I want the linked record in
>Window A to change color. I already have the color attribute set for the
>fields. I have tried it with the variable from the linked file used in the
>color attribute bound as a hot field and not a hot field and this seems to
>make no difference.

> Any thoughts? I have tried a lot of different things and I can not get it
>to work. I have tried, Brw1:updatewindow, ThisWindow.Update etc. and I can
>not get it to work the way I think it should work

>Thanks in advance,
> Barry

Sat, 21 May 2005 08:27:46 GMT
 Refresh Browse In Abc
Thanks Kurt. Fyi, yes these two windows are on separate threads.

Barry

Quote:
> Barry,

>     Assuming these two windows are on separate threads, you'll have to
> post a user defined event from one to the other to trigger an update. If
> they are on the same thread (Window B called by Window A), you have to
> be sure Window A is refreshing after the call. This all assumes that,
> when you close and reopen Window A, the display is correct.

>     Regards,

>     kurtt

>     Kurt Pawlikowski
>     The Pinrod Corporation

>     (773) 284-9500
>     http://pinrod.com

> >Everyone,
> > Here is my example. I have an application with Window A and Window B
open.

> > Window B's file is linked to the file in Window A. When I update the
file
> >in Window B I am establishing the link between the files in Window A and
B.
> >Therefore I want to refresh Window A, because I want the linked record in
> >Window A to change color. I already have the color attribute set for the
> >fields. I have tried it with the variable from the linked file used in
the
> >color attribute bound as a hot field and not a hot field and this seems
> >make no difference.

> > Any thoughts? I have tried a lot of different things and I can not get
it
> >to work. I have tried, Brw1:updatewindow, ThisWindow.Update etc. and I
can
> >not get it to work the way I think it should work

> >Thanks in advance,
> > Barry

Sat, 21 May 2005 21:47:25 GMT

1. Refresh Browse (C4 ABC)

2. C5 ABC can't get browse to refresh

3. ABC Browse refresh problem

4. ABC - Refresh browse after procedure

5. C4 ABC Browse Screen refresh

6. How to refresh an ABC Browse

7. How to do a browse refresh (emded) in ABC

8. Browse Refresh in ABC & MSSQL

9. How do I refresh a locator browse (abc)

10. refreshing browse box on form from parent browse

11. C4 ABC - who to force window refresh?

12. refresh / update fields on form with ABC embed