Edit in place - legacy templates
Author Message
 Edit in place - legacy templates

Dear all

Any ideas how to get "edit in place" or something that appears the same,
working in a standard clarion 5b application using legacy templates ?  Can
this be hand coded using standard clarion commands ?

We have a client convinced that edit in place is the meaning to life !!

Thanks

Ian Thorpe

Wed, 22 Oct 2003 00:09:18 GMT
 Edit in place - legacy templates
Hi Ian!

Quote:
> Any ideas how to get "edit in place" or something that appears the same,
> working in a standard clarion 5b application using legacy templates ?  Can
> this be hand coded using standard clarion commands ?

Yep. Check PROP:Edit in the on-line help and LRM. Been there, done that, ATE
the T-shirt. The example can be remanufactured into a Legacy Window
procedure pretty well, AFAICR.

Quote:
> We have a client convinced that edit in place is the meaning to life !!

Life, The Universe, and Everything! <bg>

-- Craig (The Data Ferret)
http://www.pcferret.com/ for RARS, NetClip
http://www.pcferret.com/teletools.html for Telephony
http://www.pcferret.com/gps.html for GPS!
Virtual Access 5.51 build 315 Win98
http://counter.li.org ID #184149
"Do not meddle in the affairs of FERRETS..."

Tue, 21 Oct 2003 20:58:03 GMT
 Edit in place - legacy templates
Ian,

2 ways that we use, both are available at

http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/alantelf

Alan has free templates to run PowerBrowse in CW5b and they allow
edit-in-place. Or for $79 he sells VEIP for legacy which does
edit-in-place in legacy without PowerBrowse. VEIP does a bit more than
the PowerBrowse EIP.

On Fri, 4 May 2001 17:09:18 +0100, "Ian Thorpe"

Quote:

>Dear all

>Any ideas how to get "edit in place" or something that appears the same,
>working in a standard clarion 5b application using legacy templates ?  Can
>this be hand coded using standard clarion commands ?

>We have a client convinced that edit in place is the meaning to life !!

>Thanks

>Ian Thorpe

Wed, 22 Oct 2003 01:35:20 GMT
 Edit in place - legacy templates
Hi Ian,

On Fri, 4 May 2001 17:09:18 +0100, "Ian Thorpe"

Quote:

>Any ideas how to get "edit in place" or something that appears the same,
>working in a standard clarion 5b application using legacy templates ?  Can
>this be hand coded using standard clarion commands ?

>We have a client convinced that edit in place is the meaning to life !!

Get the Locus templates.  They had a great EIP for both Clarion and
ABC - they are freeware so the price is just right!
http://home5.inet.tele.dk/gandalf/

Best regards,

Wed, 22 Oct 2003 09:11:24 GMT

1. Virtual Edit In Place now available for Legacy template

2. Edit in place using Legacy Templates

3. Edit-in-place w/legacy?

4. edit in place template

5. Edit in place on a dimensioned field gives compiler error (ABC templates C5EE)

6. New True Edit-in-place Template

7. Advanced Edit in Place Template

8. place control in edit in place

9. Edit drop list Edit in place - problem

10. Inline Editing for C5 Legacy

11. Edit in Place- Combo Box

12. Edit in place