cw2003 update screen
Author Message
 cw2003 update screen

Hi all,

I need help.  If anyone could advise, I would appreciate it.

I have a screen with five entry fields.  All of the fields are Globals
and are used to
get the results of running balances from certain calculations.
Everything works except
when I click on the screen with the global entry fields, the old running
balance is still
present.  To get the new balances, I must close the screen and open it
again.  The new
balances then appear in the entry fields.

I tried a button using forcerefresh etc, and that doesn't work.  I can't
"reset" the screen because the fields are global data and not associated
with a field.  Using the Close button would work if the screen would
return without any other action on my part, but I have to reopen the
procedure and click on the screen anew.  I want to get this thing to be
more user friendly.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Chuck Bolland

Tue, 22 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 cw2003 update screen
try sticking

  ForceRefresh=True
   do RefreshWindow

   in an embed on the screen after you have done calculations that could
alter the values of hte variables.
            tim

Quote:

--
Tim Phillips
Vermont Agency of Natural Resources

Tue, 22 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 cw2003 update screen
Charles,
     In the embeds before opening window
      Clear(Glo:Field1)
      Clear(Glo:Field2)
      This will clear out the fields.

HTH

Bill Rollins

Quote:
> Hi all,

> I need help.  If anyone could advise, I would appreciate it.

> I have a screen with five entry fields.  All of the fields are Globals
> and are used to
> get the results of running balances from certain calculations.
> Everything works except
> when I click on the screen with the global entry fields, the old running
> balance is still
> present.  To get the new balances, I must close the screen and open it
> again.  The new
> balances then appear in the entry fields.

> I tried a button using forcerefresh etc, and that doesn't work.  I can't
> "reset" the screen because the fields are global data and not associated
> with a field.  Using the Close button would work if the screen would
> return without any other action on my part, but I have to reopen the
> procedure and click on the screen anew.  I want to get this thing to be
> more user friendly.  Any help would be appreciated.

> Thanks

> Chuck Bolland

Tue, 22 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Can't load CW2003 without bringing up the license screen

2. How to update browse in another thread? CW2003

3. CW2003, Must STOP dbl-click update call

4. CW2003 - How to update EQUATES.CLW

5. Incomplete screen updates

6. Disable Screen Updating

7. Wallpaper on update screen

8. Update Screen with browse

9. Question 2 - Browse & Update on same screen

10. Screen Prototyper Update

11. updating web screen

12. Screen update problems in Windows NT 3.51