Help on Drop Combo Boxes....
Author Message
 Help on Drop Combo Boxes....

C5.5EE - ABC

I am trying to get a drop combo box working with no luck and need help. The
box is to display a set of address types from a field called AddressType
from record called AddressTypes. The field that I am entering the data in is
called AddressType from record MultiAddress. Both the AddressTypes are
linked via a relation. One AddressType to Many MultiAddress.
I have been able to get the Drop Combo Box to list the already entered
entries into AddressTypes of AddressTypes, but am not able to add new
entries through the Drop Combo Box.
I hope anyone can help, if you need more info please just ask. Any help is
greatly welcome :-)

Thanks PPL.

Sun, 31 Aug 2003 22:54:45 GMT
 Help on Drop Combo Boxes....

Quote:
> C5.5EE - ABC

, but am not able to add new

Quote:
> entries through the Drop Combo Box.

Stephen:

I have done something similar with drop boxes by adding alert keys (including
the insertkey) to call a form.

HTH

Bob

Mon, 01 Sep 2003 04:26:37 GMT
 Help on Drop Combo Boxes....
Hello Stephan,
Have you checked the 'allow updates' box in the Combo Properties template |
Actions tab | Update Behavior tab?
Best,
Dave Sperling

Quote:
> C5.5EE - ABC

> I am trying to get a drop combo box working with no luck and need help.
The
> box is to display a set of address types from a field called AddressType
> from record called AddressTypes. The field that I am entering the data in
is
> called AddressType from record MultiAddress. Both the AddressTypes are
> linked via a relation. One AddressType to Many MultiAddress.
> I have been able to get the Drop Combo Box to list the already entered
> entries into AddressTypes of AddressTypes, but am not able to add new
> entries through the Drop Combo Box.
> I hope anyone can help, if you need more info please just ask. Any help is
> greatly welcome :-)

> Thanks PPL.

Mon, 01 Sep 2003 08:44:34 GMT
 Help on Drop Combo Boxes....
Stephan,
What actually happens when you try to enter a new address type name?
You don't have the 'Must be in table' box selected in the dictionary
properties (validity checks tab) for the child file, do you?
Best,
Dave Sperling

Quote:
> Thanks for that but unfortunately , have tired that with no luck :-( I
have
> also tried assigning Hot Fields with no luck, do you or anyone alse have
any
> other sugestions????

Wed, 03 Sep 2003 09:23:29 GMT
 Help on Drop Combo Boxes....
Thanks for that but unfortunately , have tired that with no luck :-( I have
also tried assigning Hot Fields with no luck, do you or anyone alse have any
other sugestions????

Tue, 02 Sep 2003 22:08:03 GMT
 Help on Drop Combo Boxes....

Hi Stephan,
  I haven't understood your problem correctly ?
  Is your problem to add new entries to the combo box ?

    If so, all you need to do is to go the drop-combo properties
    and select the update procedure in the 'Update' tab.

Quote:

>C5.5EE - ABC

>I am trying to get a drop combo box working with no luck and need help. The
>box is to display a set of address types from a field called AddressType
>from record called AddressTypes. The field that I am entering the data in is
>called AddressType from record MultiAddress. Both the AddressTypes are
>linked via a relation. One AddressType to Many MultiAddress.
>I have been able to get the Drop Combo Box to list the already entered
>entries into AddressTypes of AddressTypes, but am not able to add new
>entries through the Drop Combo Box.
>I hope anyone can help, if you need more info please just ask. Any help is
>greatly welcome :-)

>Thanks PPL.

Sun, 28 Sep 2003 16:50:52 GMT

1. Help With Problem On Drop Down Combo Box

2. Help with File-Drop Combo Box behavior

3. Help with file drop combo box new entries

4. Drop combo related to another drop combo

5. Drop Combo dependent on another drop combo

6. Drop Down Combo Box Issue?

7. Remove duplicates entries not working on file drop combo box

8. Select from File Drop Combo Box ?

9. How to refresh filter in drop down combo box

10. Drop Down Combo boxes cause crashes

11. Drop Down Combo Box Removing Duplicate Entries

12. Inserting new value from file drop-down combo box