this procedure. Is it possible ?

/Anders Eriksson
AC-System

Wed, 25 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Procedure name in a string variable

Hello!

Date: 8 Mar 97 11:05:47 GMT

Quote:
> I have a procedure name stored in a string variable. Now I want to
> start this procedure. Is it possible ?

Yes - if this function is exported from some DLL. See description of
the CALL procedure in LRM for details.

Alexey Solovjev

Fri, 27 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Procedure name in a string variable

Quote:

>All,
>I have a procedure name stored in a string variable. Now I want to start
>this procedure. Is it possible ?
>/Anders Eriksson
>AC-System

Probably the easiest way to get this done is to have a case statement
that processes the variable, e.g.:

CASE Passedvariable
of 'PROC1'
    Proc1
of 'PROC2'
   Proc2
end

I was considering this sort of scheme for a routine that would update
a particular file based on a string variable from a lookup table.  A
scheme like the one above would be pretty easy to set up as a
template-generated routine.

I think my news is a little behind today.  Love to know if there are
other, neater solutions.

----------------------
Jon Waterhouse
Andy Rowe Consultants,
St. John's NF

Sat, 28 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Procedure name in a string variable

Quote:

>CASE Passedvariable
>of 'PROC1'
>    Proc1
>of 'PROC2'
>   Proc2
>end

>I was considering this sort of scheme for a routine that would update
>a particular file based on a string variable from a lookup table.  A
>scheme like the one above would be pretty easy to set up as a
>template-generated routine.

CASE Passedvariable
#FOR(%Procedure)
OF '%Procedure'
   %Procedure
#ENDFOR

Brian Staff - Team TopSpeed

Vancouver, BC, Canada

Mon, 30 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Calling a procedure with a variable procedure name

2. Start with a variable procedure name.

3. Is there a variable for procedure name

4. using variables to create a procedure name

5. call procedure named in a variable?

6. can procedure name be variable.

7. Using a variable name for a variable name??

8. Run procedure from string variable?

9. How to call procedure from a variable string

10. Using variable names as strings

11. treating variable names as strings (NEWBIE)

12. String to Variable Name Mapping