CW50 Enterprise edition & professional edition
Author Message
 CW50 Enterprise edition & professional edition

Is it possible to use either one of the two(CW5 Enterpise edition and
professional edition) to work on an APP an DCT.

I just did by mistake and I edited my dictionary with "Enterprise" and
then later on, I edit my dictionary with "Professional" and I started to
get weird results:

One of the files that I create when I open the app started to giving me
error 47 "Invalid data file"...I've done the following:

cscn ( using Dos v.2110) the file and the keys for this files look very
weird the key name is the path (c:\dirxx\temp1) instead of the key name
 as name_key or id_key.....all the names for my key are the same
(c:\dirxx\temp1), any one can give a suggestion how to fix it.

I deleted the file and check the file after running the app..the
creation date is right but, I can not access the file, neither I can
load the app (because of error 47..my app crashes).

I need to work with Professional edition CW5.
I've recompile the App with "PE" many times, and as I said nothing fixes
it.

TIA
Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/

Fri, 08 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CW50 Enterprise edition & professional edition
A code 47 error means that your file definition doesn't match the actual
physical file.  You edited the file with Enterprise and apparently made
changes.  Did you go and alter the physical file to match these changes?
My guess is no.

Go into the dictionary and find the file that is giving you trouble.  bring
up the PROPERTIES and look at the full file name.  what do you have?
Anything?
I'd almost guess you've left this blank.  If blank, the program generally
will create the data files in the same directory as the application.
You need to track down where this file is and I'd recommend hard-wiring your
file path (at least for now) to the proper drive/directory to prevent
confusion.

Once you've got your full path name filled in, to test the structure of the
data file, back out of PROPERTIES in the data dictionary and hit the BROWSE
button.  It will either load the file or come back with a Code 47 error.  If
you can't BROWSE the file from inside the data dictionary, your compiled
application will not run against it properly either.

If you crash with a code 47 error here, I'd suggest using the IMPORT feature
under FILE in the data dictioary and pulling in the strucutre of the file
and comparing it to what you think it is to get the two file back in synch
with your data dictionary again.

It really sounds like this wasn't an ENTERPRISE to professional problem
(although I can't confirm that).  it really sounds like you've altered the
data dictionary from what the physical file is and now probably have several
different copies of the file around.  Unless you hard-wire the paths, it is
possible to get a version that the data dictionary BROWSE sees, and one or
more versions that the compiled program sees (depending upon how your
shortcuts get altered and played with).

If the data in this file is of no value, hardwire the file path, delete the
file and then use the BROWSE button in the data dictionary to recreate an
empty file.  Your application should then run against it properly.
        Tim
.

Quote:

> Is it possible to use either one of the two(CW5 Enterpise edition and
> professional edition) to work on an APP an DCT.

> I just did by mistake and I edited my dictionary with "Enterprise" and
> then later on, I edit my dictionary with "Professional" and I started to
> get weird results:

> One of the files that I create when I open the app started to giving me
> error 47 "Invalid data file"...I've done the following:

> cscn ( using Dos v.2110) the file and the keys for this files look very
> weird the key name is the path (c:\dirxx\temp1) instead of the key name
>  as name_key or id_key.....all the names for my key are the same
> (c:\dirxx\temp1), any one can give a suggestion how to fix it.

> I deleted the file and check the file after running the app..the
> creation date is right but, I can not access the file, neither I can
> load the app (because of error 47..my app crashes).

> I need to work with Professional edition CW5.
> I've recompile the App with "PE" many times, and as I said nothing fixes
> it.

> TIA
> Thanks

Tim Phillips
Vermont Agency of Natural Resources
Department of Environmental Conservation

Fri, 08 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 CW50 Enterprise edition & professional edition
Thanks for your support.

The file has create attrib. I do not think is a matter of locating the
file....whatever name and dir should be fine after the app creates the
file.

THE WEIRD THING IS THE KEY NAME THAT i HAVE VIEWING THE FILE WITH CSCN.

Quote:
> [...]

very
> > weird the key name is the path (c:\dirxx\temp1) instead of the key
name
> >  as name_key or id_key.....all the names for my key are the same
> > (c:\dirxx\temp1), any one can give a suggestion how to fix it.

> > I deleted the file and check the file after running the app..the
> > creation date is right but, I can not access the file, neither I can
> > load the app (because of error 47..my app crashes).

> > I need to work with Professional edition CW5.
> > I've recompile the App with "PE" many times, and as I said nothing
fixes
> > it.

> > TIA
> > Thanks

> --
> Tim Phillips
> Vermont Agency of Natural Resources
> Department of Environmental Conservation

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Sat, 09 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. C5 Enterprise Edition to C5 Professional Edition

2. Trade Delphi 5 Enterprise Edition for Clarion Web Edition with Web Broker

3. Standard Edition or Professional Edition?

4. About clarion 5.0 Enterprise edition and Windows 2000 Professional

5. Harlequin Dylan professional, enterprise editions

6. web edition <> proffesional edition

7. VM Open Edition and MVS/ESA Open Edition

8. Offer Clarion 5 Enterprise edition for best price!!

9. Clarion 5.5 Enterprise Edition Beta1 newsgroups

10. NetTools Enterprise Edition