How to use the ENTER instead of TAB to each fields
Author Message
 How to use the ENTER instead of TAB to each fields

Hi,

     I'm using Clarion 3.1 for Dos. I'm gonna create a form with 10 fields.
After I create it, I want to use ENTER key instead of TAB or ARROW key to
go to each fields.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Alfred

Tue, 03 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to use the ENTER instead of TAB to each fields
Hi, Alfred

You can use ALIAS(ENTERKey, TABKey). This makes the ENTERKey perfom like the
TABKey. Then put ALIAS on your SAVE-button to remove the ALIAS.

Brg,
Jacob Noodt

Quote:
>Hi,

>     I'm using Clarion 3.1 for Dos. I'm gonna create a form with 10 fields.
>After I create it, I want to use ENTER key instead of TAB or ARROW key to
>go to each fields.

>Thanks for any help you can give.

>Alfred

Tue, 03 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to use the ENTER instead of TAB to each fields
In CFD 3.1, I believe that all you need to do is to change an attribute on
the screen.

Just disable the CUA attribute for the screen and that should take care of
it.

Hope this helps,

--Mark Kowit

Quote:

>Hi,

>     I'm using Clarion 3.1 for Dos. I'm gonna create a form with 10 fields.
>After I create it, I want to use ENTER key instead of TAB or ARROW key to
>go to each fields.

>Thanks for any help you can give.

>Alfred

Tue, 03 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to use the ENTER instead of TAB to each fields
I think there is a setting in the IDE that allows that.  I haven't used CDD
3.1 much but as I remember, you can choose which method (Enter or Tab) for
the entire app.

Wishing you well
Earl

--
Earl R. Coker
KwikSystemS(tm) Associates

Tue, 03 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to use the ENTER instead of TAB to each fields
You just shouldn't do it. It's in direct violation of Windows GUI
guidelines.

Quote:

>Hi, Alfred

>You can use ALIAS(ENTERKey, TABKey). This makes the ENTERKey perfom like
the
>TABKey. Then put ALIAS on your SAVE-button to remove the ALIAS.

>Brg,
>Jacob Noodt

>>Hi,

>>     I'm using Clarion 3.1 for Dos. I'm gonna create a form with 10
fields.
>>After I create it, I want to use ENTER key instead of TAB or ARROW key to
>>go to each fields.

>>Thanks for any help you can give.

>>Alfred

Thu, 05 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to use the ENTER instead of TAB to each fields
FYI he's using Clarion 3.1 for DOS, not windows.
2nd FYI, its his client who wants it.
Quote:

> You just shouldn't do it. It's in direct violation of Windows GUI
> guidelines.

Fri, 06 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to use the ENTER instead of TAB to each fields
Disable the CUA attribute in your screenproperties (in the AppGen)
 or use an ALIAS ALIAS(TabKey,EnterKey) -if I remember well...-
See page 6-19 of the LRM

Nick - Team TopSpeed

Alfred heeft geschreven in bericht

Quote:
>Hi,

>     I'm using Clarion 3.1 for Dos. I'm gonna create a form with 10 fields.
>After I create it, I want to use ENTER key instead of TAB or ARROW key to
>go to each fields.

>Thanks for any help you can give.

>Alfred

Sat, 07 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to use the ENTER instead of TAB to each fields

Quote:

>FYI he's using Clarion 3.1 for DOS, not windows.
>2nd FYI, its his client who wants it.

>> You just shouldn't do it. It's in direct violation of Windows GUI
>> guidelines.

And if Bill says it, then that's The Law!  Bill says serial ports will be
"illegal" (his word not mine) soon, plus I am sure many new laws are heading our
way too.  So just be good boys and girls and do what your told!

Ha!

Sat, 07 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to use the ENTER instead of TAB to each fields
Violation or not, when you are entering a lot of records, using the tab is
very inconvenient.
If you are using CW, there are several free templates such as the one
provided by tintools.

Don

Quote:

>FYI he's using Clarion 3.1 for DOS, not windows.
>2nd FYI, its his client who wants it.

>> You just shouldn't do it. It's in direct violation of Windows GUI
>> guidelines.

Sat, 07 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Memo field, using enter key and tab key.

2. Enter key instead of Tab

3. Enter instead of Tab

4. VO: Enter key instead of tab question

5. ENTER=TAB on the memo field, 2nd time

6. Enter = Tab on the memo field

7. Using tabs instead of spaces in IDLE?

8. Using ENTER-key as TAB-key

9. Help: entering 1 instead of 01 from a two digit choice

10. problem with using TAB button in tabbed dialogs

11. ::: TAB / ENTER :::

12. ENTER vs TAB