Blob images back to files.
Author Message
 Blob images back to files.

Hello All,

   Now that I've figured out how to put images in BLOB's that started out
as files, can anyone tell me how to take the image out of the BLOB and put
it back in a file.

any help is greatly appreciated.

Brad Wilcox

Sat, 26 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Blob images back to files.

Fil:BlobField {PROP:Handle} = ?Image{PROP:BLOB}

 This is in the online help w/ additional examples....

 HTH.

Quote:

> Hello All,

>    Now that I've figured out how to put images in BLOB's that started out
> as files, can anyone tell me how to take the image out of the BLOB and put
> it back in a file.

> any help is greatly appreciated.

> Brad Wilcox

 Software By Ragazzi, Sausalito, CA
 Business  : Specializing in Clarion For Windows Add-On Products!

 "Begin a new era of productivity; leave the mundane aspects of
programming to us!"
 Kevin B. Erskine, Sausalito, CA
 Personal  : Having fun, enjoying life; while I'm young enough to! <g>

 Just "Sitting on the dock of the bay!" and relaxing! =:-{)

Sat, 26 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Blob images back to files.

Quote:
>Hello All,

>   Now that I've figured out how to put images in BLOB's that started out
>as files, can anyone tell me how to take the image out of the BLOB and put
>it back in a file.

>any help is greatly appreciated.

>Brad Wilcox

I think that you could do it by assigning PROP:ClipBits to the
clipboard. From there, the latest CPCS reports templates (available
from topspeed) have a function that will write the clipboard to a disk
file. Otherwise, you could use API calls to write the clipboard to the
diskfile.

hth,

-Jeff

Jeff Slarve  [Team Topspeed(CW)(Compuserve)]
(CW2002, DET 2.2, RPM, PwrBrw, CPCS, PDLookup, UlTree, G-Reg, etc.) Since 1991
J & S Software Co.  http://www.deltanet.com/users/jslarve
(CIS: 73501,1323) Using Agent .99g and loving it!

Sun, 27 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Blob images back to files.

Quote:

> Otherwise, you could use API calls to write the clipboard to the
> diskfile.

> hth,

Does this make a bmp file?

--
Tom Ruby

http://www.netins.net/showcase/tomruby/
I don't know anything.  I just have to make this stuff work.

Sat, 10 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Blob images back to files.

Hi Tom -

The CPCS function writes a bmp file.

-Jeff

Quote:

>> Otherwise, you could use API calls to write the clipboard to the
>> diskfile.

>> hth,

>Does this make a bmp file?

>--
>Tom Ruby

>http://www.netins.net/showcase/tomruby/
>I don't know anything.  I just have to make this stuff work.

Jeff Slarve  [Team Topspeed(CW)(Compuserve)]
(CW2002, DET 2.2, RPM, PwrBrw, CPCS, PDLookup, UlTree, G-Reg, etc.) Since 1991
J & S Software Co.  http://www.deltanet.com/users/jslarve
(CIS: 73501,1323) Using Agent .99g and loving it!

Sun, 11 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to save binary image data in BLOB back to disk

2. Sending BLOBs back to disk file?

3. cw2003: transfer blob into dos files, transfer dos files into blob

4. save image Blob in a file

5. Store a non-image file in a BLOB

6. Converting images back to files

7. Problem reading back an image file

8. Image from BLOB to a JPG

9. Displaying images stored in Blob in a browse window

10. Storing Native Images in Blobs

11. Writing Image To Blob

12. Images in Blobs