Deleted procs not deleted??? 
Author Message
 Deleted procs not deleted???

On Wed, 27 Jan 1999 10:10:23 +0100, "Ole-Morten Heien"

Quote:

>Hello all gurus!

>I have run into some wierd problems.
>I have an app that after compile results in an error message:

I'm no guru, but here's another trick you could try. Open explorer to
the appdir and use tools, Find Files with a *.clw for a mask and
specify the icon file for the "containing" parameter.

Weird that it wouldn't show up in the Appdir.

Good Luck.

Richard (The Sylkie)



Sat, 14 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Deleted procs not deleted???


Quote:
>Another way is to export the app to a txa and do a search.

Hi Harvey,

Ole had already tried exporting it to a TXA. The icon name couldn't be
found in a search of the TXA. That's what's so weird. I can't think of
any way for a privately defined resource to NOT appear in the TXA.
<G>But anything is possible.

My suggestion of searching the clw files was simply a way to get
closer to the source, so to speak. After all, the TXA/APP files simply
tell the application generator what to generate. The .clw files are
what really get compiled.

b. rgds.
Richard (The Sylkie)



Sat, 14 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Deleted procs not deleted???
Hello all gurus!

I have run into some wierd problems.
I have an app that after compile results in an error message:

    err.$$$(1) #3: Error: cif$fileopen
    c:\utvikl\ikoner\avbryt.ico The system cannot
    find the path specified.

First of all - This app does NOT contain this spesific ico file
Second - When i export the app to an TXA, i cannot find this spesification
either

This app was containing this ICO file in an old release.

Anyone any good ideas??

--
Ole-Morten Heien

www.datax.no



Sun, 15 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Deleted procs not deleted???
Another way is to export the app to a txa and do a search.
Quote:

>On Wed, 27 Jan 1999 10:10:23 +0100, "Ole-Morten Heien"

>>Hello all gurus!

>>I have run into some wierd problems.
>>I have an app that after compile results in an error message:

>I'm no guru, but here's another trick you could try. Open explorer to
>the appdir and use tools, Find Files with a *.clw for a mask and
>specify the icon file for the "containing" parameter.

>Weird that it wouldn't show up in the Appdir.

>Good Luck.

>Richard (The Sylkie)



Sun, 15 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Deleted procs not deleted???
Hi Ole,

On Wed, 27 Jan 1999 10:10:23 +0100, "Ole-Morten Heien"

Quote:

>    err.$$$(1) #3: Error: cif$fileopen
>    c:\utvikl\ikoner\avbryt.ico The system cannot
>    find the path specified.

>First of all - This app does NOT contain this spesific ico file
>Second - When i export the app to an TXA, i cannot find this spesification
>either

>This app was containing this ICO file in an old release.

delete all generated .clw, .inc files in the project directory.  Then
delete all .obj, .rsc files in the obj32 directory or obj32/release
directory.  Then try to compile again.  If it persists, try hitting
the Edit error button when it comes up with the error and see where
it's trying to link it in.  

Best regards,

Arnor Baldvinsson        
[Team Topspeed - Internet Connect]
Allerup Edb
Denmark

http://www.icetips.com  (http://199.34.26.68)
UIN nr.: 2428601



Sun, 15 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Deleted procs not deleted???

--
Ole-Morten Heien

www.datax.no

Quote:
>I'm no guru, but here's another trick you could try. Open explorer to
>the appdir and use tools, Find Files with a *.clw for a mask and
>specify the icon file for the "containing" parameter.

No CLW file contain this. Just the APP file. I cant even find it in an
exported TXA file!!!!!!


Mon, 16 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Deleted procs not deleted???

--
Ole-Morten Heien

www.datax.no

Quote:

>Another way is to export the app to a txa and do a search.

Nothing!!!


Mon, 16 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Deleted procs not deleted???

--
Ole-Morten Heien

www.datax.no

Quote:



>>Another way is to export the app to a txa and do a search.

>Hi Harvey,

>Ole had already tried exporting it to a TXA. The icon name couldn't be
>found in a search of the TXA. That's what's so weird. I can't think of
>any way for a privately defined resource to NOT appear in the TXA.
><G>But anything is possible.

>My suggestion of searching the clw files was simply a way to get
>closer to the source, so to speak. After all, the TXA/APP files simply
>tell the application generator what to generate. The .clw files are
>what really get compiled.

But still!!   Nothing in the CLW files.


Mon, 16 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Deleted procs not deleted???
Have you looked in the Project file for this app?  The Icon may be listed
there.

Peter Gysegem
Beaver Creek Software

Quote:

>Hello all gurus!

>I have run into some wierd problems.
>I have an app that after compile results in an error message:

>    err.$$$(1) #3: Error: cif$fileopen
>    c:\utvikl\ikoner\avbryt.ico The system cannot
>    find the path specified.

>First of all - This app does NOT contain this spesific ico file
>Second - When i export the app to an TXA, i cannot find this spesification
>either

>This app was containing this ICO file in an old release.

>Anyone any good ideas??

>--
>Ole-Morten Heien

>www.datax.no



Tue, 17 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Deleted procs not deleted???
If it's any comfort, you're not alone.  I have the same situation that
I've looked for off and on for over a year and still haven't found why
the CW IDE insists the app has a module called <xxxxx>.  I finally have
given up looking.  The app compiles and works fine even with the
perpetual "todo" from hell!!

Al



Wed, 18 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Deleted procs not deleted???
Quote:

> If it's any comfort, you're not alone.  I have the same situation that
> I've looked for off and on for over a year and still haven't found why
> the CW IDE insists the app has a module called <xxxxx>.  I finally have
> given up looking.  The app compiles and works fine even with the
> perpetual "todo" from hell!!

JAT
I got arround it by generating a source procedure from the todo and
pressing on procedure button on an other procedure and add my new soruce
procedure. Once the former todo was in the map then I just deleted it and
it went away permanently.  Wish the development center could reproduce
and fix.
---
Jim Kane  - TeamTopSpeed
Productive Software Solutions
Can't Find that Message?
Get Organized, Get ForKeeps!
www.fkeeps.com


Wed, 18 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Deleted procs not deleted???
Jim,

Thanks for the suggestion.  Unfortunately I tried that some time ago and
it's still with me!!  Also tried exporting to TXA, searching (not
found), reimporting, etc.  Haven't been able to find it in the app
anywhere.  OTOH, it compiles and runs fine so it's not really a problem,
more of an annoyance.

Al



Wed, 18 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Deleted procs not deleted???
Check the project file and see if the ico file is lisked there.

Jackson J. Mack



Thu, 19 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Deleted procs not deleted???
Hi Al,

On Sat, 30 Jan 1999 16:43:21 -0500, Al Randall

Quote:

>Thanks for the suggestion.  Unfortunately I tried that some time ago and
>it's still with me!!  Also tried exporting to TXA, searching (not
>found), reimporting, etc.  Haven't been able to find it in the app
>anywhere.  OTOH, it compiles and runs fine so it's not really a problem,
>more of an annoyance.

Next time you need a procedure you have a todo procedure already made
for you;)  I've got into this a couple of times, and simply "used" the
procedure the next time I needed to add something to the app.  

Best regards,

Arnor Baldvinsson        
[Team Topspeed - Internet Connect]
Allerup Edb
Denmark

Check out Icetips and Icetips Knowledgebase
http://www.icetips.com
UIN nr.: 2428601



Thu, 19 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Deleted procs not deleted???
Arnor,

Good idea!  Added to MKB (My Knowledge Base that is)!!

Al



Thu, 19 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 16 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2]

 Relevant Pages 

1. delete or not to delete

2. Delete key on keyboard deleting records

3. Delete all files in Dir or delete Dir

4. Keyboard Delete button to delete row in array

5. bug(?): menu delete operation always deletes at least one entry

6. Speed increase not using Reclaim Deleted Records

7. C5EEa - Record Not Available(33) when deleting a record

8. Insert, change, delete with toolbar does not work

9. File Delete does not work in W2000

10. Why can I not delete my test file?

11. How to allocate and delete files when NOT running under TSO

12. mail.delete not working

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software