Need Advice Urgently
Author Message
 Need Advice Urgently

Date 4 December 2002
00:29

I have been charged with the task of project managing a huge database
development, from the ground up. Due to secrecy constraints I am not able to
divulge any specifics, but I will try and give an overview...
The database must be accessible via an internet medium
as well as being usable within the confines of each of the five global head
offices. The database should allow users to enter certain data direct from
the web as well as letting the employees access it via secure logins. It
must have total reporting on all levels, be exceptionally secure and robust,
as well as delivering a fast efficient product. I am hoping to use some form
of Clarion as the windows front end and was debating between Sybase or
Oracle for the backend. But I am open to any suggestions. In regards to the
hardware I was looking to use Xeon servers running Raid5 and using Linux as
the operating system. I am trying to avoid a Microsoft influence in this
project if at all possible and once again I am hoping someone will be able
to supply some suggestions.

throw some ideas around.
Look forward to getting a response soon.
Daniel

Sat, 21 May 2005 19:42:31 GMT

1. APL Programmer Needed Urgently In TORONTO

2. Urgently need this ancient virtual machine

3. SIGAPL -urgently- needs volunteers

4. help urgently needed

5. UNIX CONTRACTOR NEEDED URGENTLY - LONDON, UK

6. Need Clarion Communications LEM Urgently

7. Urgently Need Help with Lookups

8. Urgently Needed Clipper Programmer

9. HELP URGENTLY NEEDED!! MDX INDEXES

10. VO2-beta: need urgently cainw32.exe

11. FORTH Programmer Needed URGENTLY

12. I NEED COMMON.CH include file URGENTLY!