Moving a browse highlight bar to a record
Author Message
 Moving a browse highlight bar to a record

Hi,
I'm using CW2003. I'm trying to embed code in a browse to move the highlight
bar to a specific record, much like a locator. I want to place the code such
that the record information is drawn from an ini file, which I know how to
do, before the window opens or just when it opens so that it opens to that
record in the browse list box.

Can anybody help me with this?  I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Fri, 02 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Moving a browse highlight bar to a record
Hi David,

Quote:
> I'm using CW2003. I'm trying to embed code in a browse to move the
highlight
> bar to a specific record, much like a locator. I want to place the code
such
> that the record information is drawn from an ini file, which I know how to
> do, before the window opens or just when it opens so that it opens to that
> record in the browse list box.

You need to check the source for the generated browse to find out what the
browse prefix is, ie BRW1, BRW2 etc.
You need to define the locator type as incremental in the browse properties.
Assuming you do not have use any other keys on the browse (in tabs etc)
You can embed the following in the embed after opening window:

BRW1::Sort1:LocatorValue = '12345'
BRW1::Sort1:LocatorLength = LEN(BRW1::Sort1:LocatorValue)
DO BRW1::RefreshPage

Cheers,
Andy

Sun, 04 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to move browse highlight bar in C5B ABC

2. position highlight bar in browse

3. Setting a browse highlight bar

4. Positioning the Highlight bar in a Browse.

5. C4a Highlight bar on first record in queue returning from update

6. Browse highlight bar

7. Trying to move the highlight in a browse, and failing

8. FW: Trying to move the highlight in a browse, and failing

9. C4b ABC - Find and highlight a certain record in a child browse

10. Starting browse highlighting the last record

11. Deleting Highlighted Record in Browse

12. Grabbing Highlighted Record from Browse