Long Filenames in Clarion
Author Message
 Long Filenames in Clarion

Gary:

At present CW seems to only able to deal with short filenames.  I
believe I heard some rumors that CW will be able to handle long
filenames in a future release, but I'm not sure which release:  2003 or
4 (2.1).

Thanh C. Huynh
Discovery Enterprises

Quote:

> Hi All

> Can anyone please tell me how to extract long filenames using clarion. Using the
> DIRECTORY() statement, I am only able to get 8 character file & directory names.

> (eg. progra~1    = Program Files
> mydocu~1 = My Documents etc.

> Thanks in Advance,
> Gary

Sat, 23 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Long Filenames in Clarion

Hi All

Can anyone please tell me how to extract long filenames using clarion. Using the
DIRECTORY() statement, I am only able to get 8 character file & directory names.

(eg. progra~1    = Program Files
mydocu~1 = My Documents etc.

Thanks in Advance,
Gary

Sun, 24 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Long Filenames in Clarion

Our "Utility Library" has a function to do this.

Check out our demo at  Web page  : http://www.Software-By-Ragazzi.com

To see if this is what you are looking for.

Kevin

Quote:

> =
> Can anyone please tell me how to extract long filenames using clarion. =
Using the
> DIRECTORY() statement, I am only able to get 8 character file & directo=
ry names.
> =

-- =

 Software By Ragazzi (tm) <=3D=3D=3D> Specializing in Clarion Add-On Prod=
ucts!
 "Begin a new era of productivity; =

        leave the mundane aspects of programming to us!"=A9 '96

 Web page  : http://www.Software-By-Ragazzi.com

Sun, 24 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Long Filenames in Clarion

Hi Thanh,

On Tue, 06 May 1997 23:58:48 -0700, "Thanh C. Huynh"

Quote:

>At present CW seems to only able to deal with short filenames.  I
>believe I heard some rumors that CW will be able to handle long
>filenames in a future release, but I'm not sure which release:  2003 or
>4 (2.1).

According to TS, 4.0 will handle long file names.  2.003 will not.
Must admit I haven't tried it in 2.1alpha.

Best regards,

Arnor Baldvinsson
Allerup Edb
Tel: +45 4675 7122
Fax: +45 4675 7144
Denmark

http://www.icetips.com

Opinions are mine, and mine alone!

Sun, 24 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Long Filenames in Clarion

Quote:

>Hi All
>Can anyone please tell me how to extract long filenames using clarion. Using the
>DIRECTORY() statement, I am only able to get 8 character file & directory names.

There's a free template that wraps the API calls  convert short file
names to long file names.  Its available at
http://www.dlcwest.com/~sorev/topspeed.

Vince

Tue, 26 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Long Filenames okay for physical filenames???

2. DOS 8.3 filenames (how to remove long filenames header)

3. Library os.path.isfile(filename) - long filenames error.

4. long-to-short dir/filenames

5. Osx long filenames truncated

6. VW2.0 under Win 95 + long filenames?

7. Long Filenames

8. Spaces in Directory Names - Long Filenames

9. Long Filenames

10. drop long filenames

11. Long Filenames

12. CW5 & Long Filenames