Update Screen with browse
Author Message
 Update Screen with browse

HI

Small Problem

I Have a browse without any keys on a dBase 3 file.

the fields (some...)

No (n10)
xxxx  (....
etc.

I change the start number of the fields in the file (NO)

The code I wrote works correctly and the numbers change correctly. I cannot
however get the browse to update or display the new numbers
if I do not exit and restart the browse.

I tried
BRW1::Reset
DO RefreshWindow
Etc.

None of them refresh the browse for me.

Pls help

Ciao

Sun, 02 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Update Screen with browse

Hi

Sorry for the speed of the previous message. I did not THINK

I fixed the problem

After my code I pasted the following...

BRW1::RefreshMode = RefreshOnQueue
  DO BRW1::RefreshPage
  DO BRW1::InitializeBrowse
  DO BRW1::PostNewSelection
  SELECT(?Browse:1)
  LocalRequest = OriginalRequest
  LocalResponse = RequestCancelled
  DO RefreshWindow

This seems to work.

Ciao

Quote:

>HI

>Small Problem

>I Have a browse without any keys on a dBase 3 file.

>the fields (some...)

>No (n10)
>xxxx  (....
>etc.

>I change the start number of the fields in the file (NO)

>The code I wrote works correctly and the numbers change correctly. I cannot
>however get the browse to update or display the new numbers
>if I do not exit and restart the browse.

>I tried
>BRW1::Reset
>DO RefreshWindow
>Etc.

>None of them refresh the browse for me.

>Pls help

>Ciao

Sun, 02 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Update Screen with browse

Benjamin

It may be shorter to just embed the following.
  ForceRefresh = TRUE
  DO RefreshWindow

This should take care of positioning, refreshing etc. with only less code
and procedures duplicating

Cheers

Malcolm

Quote:
> Hi

> Sorry for the speed of the previous message. I did not THINK

> I fixed the problem

> After my code I pasted the following...

> BRW1::RefreshMode = RefreshOnQueue
>   DO BRW1::RefreshPage
>   DO BRW1::InitializeBrowse
>   DO BRW1::PostNewSelection
>   SELECT(?Browse:1)
>   LocalRequest = OriginalRequest
>   LocalResponse = RequestCancelled
>   DO RefreshWindow

> This seems to work.

> Ciao

> >HI

> >Small Problem

> >I Have a browse without any keys on a dBase 3 file.

> >the fields (some...)

> >No (n10)
> >xxxx  (....
> >etc.

> >I change the start number of the fields in the file (NO)

> >The code I wrote works correctly and the numbers change correctly. I
cannot
> >however get the browse to update or display the new numbers
> >if I do not exit and restart the browse.

> >I tried
> >BRW1::Reset
> >DO RefreshWindow
> >Etc.

> >None of them refresh the browse for me.

> >Pls help

> >Ciao

Sun, 02 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Update Screen with browse

Hi Benjamin,

On Wed, 14 Jan 1998 08:37:09 +0200, "benjamin"

Quote:

>however get the browse to update or display the new numbers
>if I do not exit and restart the browse.

>I tried
>BRW1::Reset

Do Brw1::RefreshPage

Should do it for you:)

Best regards,

Arnor Baldvinsson
Allerup Edb
Tel: +45 4675 7122
Fax: +45 4675 7144
Denmark

http://www.icetips.com
UIN nr.: 2428601

Sun, 02 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Question 2 - Browse & Update on same screen

2. How do I update a browse screen when file being browsed is updated?

3. Multiple Browses on TAB'ed Browse Screen

4. Multiple Browses on TAB'ed Browse Screen -Reply

5. Update Browse when Update Form still active

6. Having an Update window trigger is parent Browse to update

7. HELP, How do you update the Browse screen while you are on the Update Form???

8. I can't get 2 browses on same screen to synch

9. Winding columns on a browse type screen???

10. Any Family Tree users?I need a Browse thumbnail screen

11. Slow Browse screens in 2002

12. Problems with C5 Browse Screens - Please Help