F10 Key disabling the other keys
Author Message
 F10 Key disabling the other keys

Has anyone ever had this problem:

I placed keys F1 to F10 on 10 buttons.  When the F10 button is disabled
and I press on it, it freezes the use of the 9 other button (F1 to F9).

After some tests, I've noticed that the F10 reacts like the Alt button
in that sense that if I press the 'F' key after having pressed F10, I go
to the file menu of my application.  But if I press F10 again,
everything comes back to normal and I can use F1 to F9 as if nothing
happened!

If anyone could put some light where there is none for now, I would
appreciate it very much.

Regards...

Lynne Maher

Tue, 15 Apr 2003 01:39:52 GMT
 F10 Key disabling the other keys
Lynne,

Quote:
> After some tests, I've noticed that the F10 reacts like the Alt button
> in that sense that if I press the 'F' key after having pressed F10, I go
> to the file menu of my application.

This is standard windows behavior.  When you open notepad, and press F10,
you will see the same.  Some functionkeys, or key-combinations (like
Ctrl+X) have a pre-defined meaning in Windows.

HTH

Arie Rens (Advantage Software B.V.)
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
http://www.advantages.nl
SoftVelocity Software Distributor

Tue, 15 Apr 2003 18:35:38 GMT
 F10 Key disabling the other keys
F10 is a Windows standard for activating the menu bar, so you should
avoid that.

F1 is a Windows standard for accessing Help and using it for anything
else in Clarion requires ALIASing another key.

Some other function keys may already have connotations for users, eg

F3 = Search/Find again
F4 = History
F5 = Refresh
F6 = Next pane
F11= Toggle view

Instead of function keys, you could use ALT+1, ALT+2, etc.  This was
supposed to be a 'standard' for toolbars, but even Microsoft seem to
ignore this one.

Richard

Tue, 15 Apr 2003 19:51:32 GMT

1. Need a key sequence for keys F8, SHIFT-F10, and F12 sending through Expect

2. F10 key in MicroFocus Dialog

3. mf cobol/animate/alt-f10 key on a hp/unix

4. using F10 function key on Win NT with VW

5. Problem:Want ENTER key in form to act as TAB key

6. Set(Key,Key) Question

7. Set(key,key)

8. Making return key act like tab key

9. SET(Key,Key) in ABC

10. Auto Inc Key with Must be in List Field in Multi Part Key

11. change TAB key to ENTER key in Windows

12. SET(Key,Key)...NEXT in Oracle