Converting Clarion TPS files for import in Excel
Author Message
 Converting Clarion TPS files for import in Excel

I've a program that uses TPS database files. I want to do more with the
files, so can I convert them to import in Excel.

Any tools or suggestions are welcome

Kind regards
Albert

Wed, 13 Aug 2003 18:37:36 GMT
 Converting Clarion TPS files for import in Excel
Hi Albert,

Try Xplore Templates at http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/BrianStaff/
and they do a lot of other neat stuff with files from browses.

I can't imagine you wouldn't like that solution to your need but if you
don't, then go look for another one here http://www.tomruby.com/clarion/

Regards,
Earl

Quote:
> I've a program that uses TPS database files. I want to do more with the
> files, so can I convert them to import in Excel.

> Any tools or suggestions are welcome

> Kind regards
> Albert

Wed, 13 Aug 2003 22:33:08 GMT
 Converting Clarion TPS files for import in Excel
Hi Albert,

Quote:
> I've a program that uses TPS database files. I want to do more with the
> files, so can I convert them to import in Excel.

I would use DBF export file as it is a common format which can be read by
Excell, otherwise if you have installed the MS ODBC tools with your
MSOffice, you shoud be able to connect with Excel ODBC driver supplied...

My 2 cents :-)

--
Olivier Cretey
Tl: (0)1 3965 9076

http://www.cia-informatique.com
Verneuil sur Seine (78), France.

Wed, 13 Aug 2003 22:38:29 GMT
 Converting Clarion TPS files for import in Excel
- or you can write a routine that converts your data to a delimited file
which is easily imported to Excel. Send me a message if you need to know
how.
Rgds

Quote:
> I've a program that uses TPS database files. I want to do more with the
> files, so can I convert them to import in Excel.

> Any tools or suggestions are welcome

> Kind regards
> Albert

Thu, 14 Aug 2003 00:53:24 GMT
 Converting Clarion TPS files for import in Excel

Quote:
> I've a program that uses TPS database files. I want to do more with the
> files, so can I convert them to import in Excel.

Product Description - Spreadsheet Wizard, MFG - Nice Touch Solutions
Internet Link - http://www.clariontools.com/clarion/default.htm

Version 2 of this will do this if you meet the following requirements:

Spreadsheet Wizard 2
In addition to XLS, CSV and HTML, SW2 now supports DBF export format
User selected spreadsheet templates may be used as a framework for the
exported data
Starting Row and Starting Column may now be specified by the end-user

Spreadsheet Wizard 2 Requirements:
1) Clarion 5.5 Development Platform
2) Requires a 32 bit application
3) Microsoft Excel is required by the end-user
    (No Need for OCX like Formula One anymore)

David
--
From Encourager Software - David Troxell,

Author of Product Scope 32 PRO -
Profile Exchanges - Search Engines, Newsgroup - Email,
PRO Music USB, Clarion Third Party, Clarion Application
http://www.encouragersoftware.com/

Thu, 14 Aug 2003 11:36:16 GMT
 Converting Clarion TPS files for import in Excel
Albert,

In the examples there is an application called maillist which explains the
process to convert a TPS file to CSV format (which imports well into Excel).
Many other formats available. I use it a lot and it works well.

HTH,

Leyan

Quote:
> Hi Albert,

> Try Xplore Templates at

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/BrianStaff/
Quote:
> and they do a lot of other neat stuff with files from browses.

> I can't imagine you wouldn't like that solution to your need but if you
> don't, then go look for another one here http://www.tomruby.com/clarion/

> Regards,
> Earl

> > I've a program that uses TPS database files. I want to do more with the
> > files, so can I convert them to import in Excel.

> > Any tools or suggestions are welcome

> > Kind regards
> > Albert

Thu, 14 Aug 2003 18:48:42 GMT

1. Converting Turbo Pascal Files to TPS/Clarion Files

2. How do I convert a clarion 2.1 dtat file to topspeed TPS

3. convert txt excel file without open the excel application

4. Import a text file into a C5 .TPS file

5. Trouble importing ascii file into .tps database file.

6. Using Long File Names (TPS Files) in Clarion

7. TPS files to Excel?

8. Read Excel Spreadsheet into a .TPS File

9. importing TPS files

10. Importing multiple columns from different .csv files into one .tps table

11. Import (append) data to a .tps file

12. Import from .tps files to SQL Server or Access