What to use for PDA developement
Author Message
 What to use for PDA developement

I have been approached by somebody about writing a PDA application to
satisfy a grant requirement.  It does not matter which PDA will be used but
it can not require a wireless connection so I can not rely on Citrix or
Terminal Services.  Here is the basic idea behind the program.

It will have a list of questions answered with CHECK BOXES, DROP LIST, Radio
Buttons.  These questions will be asked by a therapist to a "patient."
Based on the answers the PDA will prompt the "therapist" to give the
"patient" exercise intstructions and such.  Then when the PDA is synched it
needs to prompt an application on the computer to print-out certain
hand-outs to pass along to the user.  The application on the computer also
needs to store this information for follow-up/statistics.  I really have not
been given much more to go with yet as they are awaiting finalization of the
grant.  I need to know what type of development platform I would need to
approach this from.  I would love the opportunity to simply use Terminal
Services and a WindowCE machine but from what I have been told this is not
acceptable.  I have yet to tackle PDA development so I am clueless while
writting this.  Thanks for any suggestions you may offer.

Lee

Sat, 24 Sep 2005 12:27:48 GMT
 What to use for PDA developement
take a look at nsbasic for the palm or ce.  I used the palm version.  It's
very similar to vb and pretty easy to learn.
jim kane

Quote:
> I have been approached by somebody about writing a PDA application to
> satisfy a grant requirement.  It does not matter which PDA will be used
but
> it can not require a wireless connection so I can not rely on Citrix or
> Terminal Services.  Here is the basic idea behind the program.

> It will have a list of questions answered with CHECK BOXES, DROP LIST,
Radio
> Buttons.  These questions will be asked by a therapist to a "patient."
> Based on the answers the PDA will prompt the "therapist" to give the
> "patient" exercise intstructions and such.  Then when the PDA is synched
it
> needs to prompt an application on the computer to print-out certain
> hand-outs to pass along to the user.  The application on the computer also
> needs to store this information for follow-up/statistics.  I really have
not
> been given much more to go with yet as they are awaiting finalization of
the
> grant.  I need to know what type of development platform I would need to
> approach this from.  I would love the opportunity to simply use Terminal
> Services and a WindowCE machine but from what I have been told this is not
> acceptable.  I have yet to tackle PDA development so I am clueless while
> writting this.  Thanks for any suggestions you may offer.

> Lee

Sat, 24 Sep 2005 12:34:34 GMT
 What to use for PDA developement
For Palm, check out Pen Dragon Forms ...

Greg

Quote:
> I have been approached by somebody about writing a PDA application to
> satisfy a grant requirement.  It does not matter which PDA will be used
but
> it can not require a wireless connection so I can not rely on Citrix or
> Terminal Services.  Here is the basic idea behind the program.

> It will have a list of questions answered with CHECK BOXES, DROP LIST,
Radio
> Buttons.  These questions will be asked by a therapist to a "patient."
> Based on the answers the PDA will prompt the "therapist" to give the
> "patient" exercise intstructions and such.  Then when the PDA is synched
it
> needs to prompt an application on the computer to print-out certain
> hand-outs to pass along to the user.  The application on the computer also
> needs to store this information for follow-up/statistics.  I really have
not
> been given much more to go with yet as they are awaiting finalization of
the
> grant.  I need to know what type of development platform I would need to
> approach this from.  I would love the opportunity to simply use Terminal
> Services and a WindowCE machine but from what I have been told this is not
> acceptable.  I have yet to tackle PDA development so I am clueless while
> writting this.  Thanks for any suggestions you may offer.

> Lee

Sat, 24 Sep 2005 13:28:21 GMT
 What to use for PDA developement
Www.appforge.com.

Runs inside vb6, does palm, pocket pc and the new nokia phone stuff.
Pretty nice.

--
Mark Riffey
Granite Bear

Sat, 24 Sep 2005 07:53:12 GMT
 What to use for PDA developement
Lee,

Quote:
> It will have a list of questions answered with
> CHECK BOXES, DROP LIST, Radio Buttons.

Aside from the choice of platform - with this type of application, store the
questions in a database uploaded to the PDA and then dynamically create your
screens at runtime.  Believe me, the client *will* want to be able to make
changes.

John

Sat, 24 Sep 2005 20:28:05 GMT
 What to use for PDA developement
Try Satellite Forms.

Look in www.clarionmag.com for example app....

or for a simple and much cheaper option use PDA Toolbox
 www.SandsUSA.com/PDATBDB40 ).

Cheers

Malcolm

Quote:
> I have been approached by somebody about writing a PDA application to
> satisfy a grant requirement.  It does not matter which PDA will be used
but
> it can not require a wireless connection so I can not rely on Citrix or
> Terminal Services.  Here is the basic idea behind the program.

> It will have a list of questions answered with CHECK BOXES, DROP LIST,
Radio
> Buttons.  These questions will be asked by a therapist to a "patient."
> Based on the answers the PDA will prompt the "therapist" to give the
> "patient" exercise intstructions and such.  Then when the PDA is synched
it
> needs to prompt an application on the computer to print-out certain
> hand-outs to pass along to the user.  The application on the computer also
> needs to store this information for follow-up/statistics.  I really have
not
> been given much more to go with yet as they are awaiting finalization of
the
> grant.  I need to know what type of development platform I would need to
> approach this from.  I would love the opportunity to simply use Terminal
> Services and a WindowCE machine but from what I have been told this is not
> acceptable.  I have yet to tackle PDA development so I am clueless while
> writting this.  Thanks for any suggestions you may offer.

> Lee

Sun, 25 Sep 2005 02:15:25 GMT
 What to use for PDA developement
We use CASL Lee, tried NSBasic but CASL is faster, and comes with access
driver.

Quote:
> I have been approached by somebody about writing a PDA application to
> satisfy a grant requirement.  It does not matter which PDA will be used
but
> it can not require a wireless connection so I can not rely on Citrix or
> Terminal Services.  Here is the basic idea behind the program.

> It will have a list of questions answered with CHECK BOXES, DROP LIST,
Radio
> Buttons.  These questions will be asked by a therapist to a "patient."
> Based on the answers the PDA will prompt the "therapist" to give the
> "patient" exercise intstructions and such.  Then when the PDA is synched
it
> needs to prompt an application on the computer to print-out certain
> hand-outs to pass along to the user.  The application on the computer also
> needs to store this information for follow-up/statistics.  I really have
not
> been given much more to go with yet as they are awaiting finalization of
the
> grant.  I need to know what type of development platform I would need to
> approach this from.  I would love the opportunity to simply use Terminal
> Services and a WindowCE machine but from what I have been told this is not
> acceptable.  I have yet to tackle PDA development so I am clueless while
> writting this.  Thanks for any suggestions you may offer.

> Lee

Sun, 25 Sep 2005 04:23:18 GMT

1. Labview PDA, What component does my Windows CE OS needs to run labview PDA

2. PDA module - PDA questions

3. PDA, anyone using one with Clarion

4. Discussion: developement environ. overhead

5. CA-Clipper Application Developement System

6. F68HC11 PROGRAM DEVELOPEMENT

7. vi developement in 5.1 or 6?

8. Clipper S87 Software developement and maintenance

9. eiffel CVS shared developement ?

10. ExpectPy 1.8.3 (patch) and moving developement to SourceForge

11. Program Errors and developement environment

12. static types and program developement