Clarion C55 and Microsoft MapPoint?
Author Message
 Clarion C55 and Microsoft MapPoint?

Has anyone any experience, integrating a Clarion Application with Microsoft
MapPoint?

I would like to use it to calculate and display routes from data on a
clarion application.

--
Regards,

Neil

Sun, 22 May 2005 19:54:49 GMT
 Clarion C55 and Microsoft MapPoint?
yes, but the project was abandon when it became apparent that every end-user
need to purchase their own copy of mappoint and it cost more that the
product it was to be put in.  Also map point uses safe arrays which cw ole
control does not support so you need to do some programming.  I published my
safe array class in clarion mag.
jim kane

Quote:
> Has anyone any experience, integrating a Clarion Application with
Microsoft
> MapPoint?

> I would like to use it to calculate and display routes from data on a
> clarion application.

> --
> Regards,

> Neil

Mon, 23 May 2005 10:15:24 GMT
 Clarion C55 and Microsoft MapPoint?
Thanks Jim,

I can justify the cost to the end user, so it looks like I'm going to have
to get busy...I'll dig out your article.

Regards,

Neil.

Quote:
> yes, but the project was abandon when it became apparent that every
end-user
> need to purchase their own copy of mappoint and it cost more that the
> product it was to be put in.  Also map point uses safe arrays which cw ole
> control does not support so you need to do some programming.  I published
my
> safe array class in clarion mag.
> jim kane

> > Has anyone any experience, integrating a Clarion Application with
> Microsoft
> > MapPoint?

> > I would like to use it to calculate and display routes from data on a
> > clarion application.

> > --
> > Regards,

> > Neil

Mon, 23 May 2005 16:29:11 GMT
 Clarion C55 and Microsoft MapPoint?
This should help get you started:

?OleMapPoint {PROP:Create}   = 'MapPoint.Application'
?OleMapPoint {'WindowState'} = 0 ! Maximize
?OleMapPoint {'Visible'}     = True
?OleMapPoint {'Activate'}    = True
?OleMapPoint {'UserControl'} = True

!?OleMapPoint {'ActiveMap.FindplaceResults("Aberdeen, South
Dakota").Item(1).GoTo'}
?OleMapPoint {'ActiveMap.FindplaceResults("South Dakota").Item(1).GoTo'}

-----
?OleMapPoint {'Quit'}

Mike Pickus

Quote:
> Thanks Jim,

> I can justify the cost to the end user, so it looks like I'm going to have
> to get busy...I'll dig out your article.

> Regards,

> Neil.

> > yes, but the project was abandon when it became apparent that every
> end-user
> > need to purchase their own copy of mappoint and it cost more that the
> > product it was to be put in.  Also map point uses safe arrays which cw
ole
> > control does not support so you need to do some programming.  I
published
> my
> > safe array class in clarion mag.
> > jim kane

> > > Has anyone any experience, integrating a Clarion Application with
> > Microsoft
> > > MapPoint?

> > > I would like to use it to calculate and display routes from data on a
> > > clarion application.

> > > --
> > > Regards,

> > > Neil

Mon, 23 May 2005 22:33:17 GMT
 Clarion C55 and Microsoft MapPoint?
OK Michael,

This certainly looks like a good start.

I'm using MapPoint 2001 and Clarion 5.5H

The code that you suggest certainly opens MapPoint, but doesn't appear to do
much more at the moment. I've been looking at the documentation, and trying
to tie up the MapPoint Objects and Methods. Is that the best way to proceed.
I've also been looking at MSDN, but everything there points to MapPoint
2002, which knowing Microsoft is probably totally different.

Thanks for the help so far...

Neil.

Quote:
> This should help get you started:

> ?OleMapPoint {PROP:Create}   = 'MapPoint.Application'
> ?OleMapPoint {'WindowState'} = 0 ! Maximize
> ?OleMapPoint {'Visible'}     = True
> ?OleMapPoint {'Activate'}    = True
> ?OleMapPoint {'UserControl'} = True

> !?OleMapPoint {'ActiveMap.FindplaceResults("Aberdeen, South
> Dakota").Item(1).GoTo'}
> ?OleMapPoint {'ActiveMap.FindplaceResults("South Dakota").Item(1).GoTo'}

> -----
> ?OleMapPoint {'Quit'}

> Mike Pickus

> > Thanks Jim,

> > I can justify the cost to the end user, so it looks like I'm going to
have
> > to get busy...I'll dig out your article.

> > Regards,

> > Neil.

> > > yes, but the project was abandon when it became apparent that every
> > end-user
> > > need to purchase their own copy of mappoint and it cost more that the
> > > product it was to be put in.  Also map point uses safe arrays which cw
> ole
> > > control does not support so you need to do some programming.  I
> published
> > my
> > > safe array class in clarion mag.
> > > jim kane

> > > Microsoft

Tue, 24 May 2005 10:00:27 GMT
 Clarion C55 and Microsoft MapPoint?
The MS MapPoint programmatic focus seems to be pushing web based through MS.
Read $$.

Mike Pickus

Quote:
> OK Michael,

> This certainly looks like a good start.

> I'm using MapPoint 2001 and Clarion 5.5H

> The code that you suggest certainly opens MapPoint, but doesn't appear to
do
> much more at the moment. I've been looking at the documentation, and
trying
> to tie up the MapPoint Objects and Methods. Is that the best way to
proceed.
> I've also been looking at MSDN, but everything there points to MapPoint
> 2002, which knowing Microsoft is probably totally different.

> Thanks for the help so far...

> Neil.

> > This should help get you started:

> > ?OleMapPoint {PROP:Create}   = 'MapPoint.Application'
> > ?OleMapPoint {'WindowState'} = 0 ! Maximize
> > ?OleMapPoint {'Visible'}     = True
> > ?OleMapPoint {'Activate'}    = True
> > ?OleMapPoint {'UserControl'} = True

> > !?OleMapPoint {'ActiveMap.FindplaceResults("Aberdeen, South
> > Dakota").Item(1).GoTo'}
> > ?OleMapPoint {'ActiveMap.FindplaceResults("South Dakota").Item(1).GoTo'}

> > -----
> > ?OleMapPoint {'Quit'}

> > Mike Pickus

> > > Thanks Jim,

> > > I can justify the cost to the end user, so it looks like I'm going to
> have
> > > to get busy...I'll dig out your article.

> > > Regards,

> > > Neil.

> > > end-user
> > ole
> > published
> > > my

Tue, 24 May 2005 23:52:06 GMT

1. MS Mappoint & Clarion

2. tornado vs clarion c55

3. Crystal Reports V9 and Clarion ODBC (C55 Dev version)

4. Error after upgrade from C55 (D) to C55 (H)

5. Mappoint

6. Anyone interfaced to MS MapPoint?

7. Clarion w/Microsoft Office Integration?

8. Clarion ODBC drivers and Microsoft Visual Basic .net?

9. Fw: Clarion Vs. Microsoft Access

10. Microsoft Access -> Clarion 4

11. help microsoft in clarion