Problems Using(building) DLLs
Author Message
 Problems Using(building) DLLs

Has anyone build 32bit DLLs linked locally? I am having all sorts of
problems. It appears that Clarion has a unique way of doing this as opposed
to standard (?) C or C++. I say this because DLLs build using ABC can't be
used by apps using non-ABC and vise-versa. All I want to do is create a
functions DLL that can be linked and used by my apps.

Any help would be appreciated.(by the way I have read all the manuals and
followed the instructions with no luck).

Mike Pace

Sun, 08 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Problems Using(building) DLLs
Hi Mike,
It seems you have hit one of the major limitations in building DLL's
with C4/C5 ABC. This is one of the reasons I created the ABC DLL
Toolkit. It lets you build libraries or DLLs that can be considered
independed components, with all their resources linked in so that only a
single DLL need be included in the MAIN exe.  I have a special Tree
class I created for a project, that will not link properly in 16 bit(
hit's the 64K limit), so I made it into it's own standalone, DLL, that I
can use in any 16bit App.

HTH

Quote:

--
Jim Katz
Certified Clarion Developer

Sun, 08 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Memory read problem when calling dynamic arrays in DLL built using VC++ (LabView 5)

2. Problem using DVF to Build DLL for VB

3. Using C++ built dll's in Labview

4. Q: Using an MSFPS4-built dll with VB32?

5. Build DLL using gfortran and with open/write/close statements in the code

6. Is there a way to build dll extension for TCL in using VB

7. Problems on building a DLL with 2D array input

8. Extending TCL - DLL Build Linking Problem?

9. Intel complier for calling DLL and build Dll

10. problem defining a function using built in filter function

11. Tcl 8.4.12 Build Problems using VC++ Express Edition

12. Problems when building tk8.4.12 using MinGW