Error: can't find file.
Author Message
 Error: can't find file.

I'm looking at the C5 evaluation program. It gives me an 'err.$$$(1) #2:
Error: cif$fileopen c5tpsxl.lib. The system cannot find the file
specified' occasionlly. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

--
Richard A. Higgins

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Fri, 22 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Error: can't find file.
Quote:

> I'm looking at the C5 evaluation program. It gives me an 'err.$$$(1) #2:
> Error: cif$fileopen c5tpsxl.lib. The system cannot find the file
> specified' occasionlly. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Do you have clarion5\bin in your path?  Does the clarion section of
win.ini have valid paths?  Have you added the tps driver to the project?
------
Jim Kane  - TeamTopSpeed
Productive Software Solutions
Can't Find that Message?
Get Organized, Get ForKeeps!
www.fkeeps.com

Sat, 23 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Error: can't find file.
1. Clarion5/bin is in my path.
2. Win.INI has the correct path to Clarion5
3. These are the sample programs, shouldn't they have anything needed already
set up?

Quote:

--
Richard A. Higgins

http://go.to/higginsoft.com

Sat, 23 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Error: can't find file.
Quote:

> 1. Clarion5/bin is in my path.
> 2. Win.INI has the correct path to Clarion5
> 3. These are the sample programs, shouldn't they have anything needed already
> set up?

Yes there is a example subdirectory with lots of examples.  The error you
report is rather odd but not finding a file usually due to an install problem
leaving a path incorrect or having clarion4/bin on the path before clarion5/bin
and using a file from c4 my mistake.  That would not apply in your case if you
never installed c4.  Other than those path issues, I cant think of another
cause for not finding a file. You may want to repost with as many setup details
as possible and see if someone else has an idea. Good luck.
Jim Kane  - TeamTopSpeed
Productive Software Solutions
Can't Find that Message?
Get Organized, Get ForKeeps!
www.fkeeps.com

Sat, 23 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Curious 'File Not Found' Error

3. It's not bad canned meat...

4. It's not bad canned meat...

5. It's not bad canned meat...

6. It's not bad canned meat...

7. C55B-compile error can't find ABHTMSUP.INC

8. Can't find Secondary DLL error....

9. simple parse error, but i can't find him

10. can't find the error!!

11. Can't find entry point in dll, Run time error 453

12. Install tcl 8.4 error, Can't find a usable init.tcl in the following directories