Total Box on a browse with scroll bars
Author Message
 Total Box on a browse with scroll bars

I have several browse boxes that I have placed total boxes underneath the
last column - I have suddenly noticed that the Vertical scroll bars only
appear if there are sufficient items to warrant them and that this then
places my total box out of allignment with the browse column - is this
common ? am  being stupid ?

Any help much appreciated.

Ken

Mon, 17 Oct 2005 23:38:24 GMT
 Total Box on a browse with scroll bars

Quote:
> I have several browse boxes that I have placed total boxes underneath the
> last column - I have suddenly noticed that the Vertical scroll bars only
> appear if there are sufficient items to warrant them and that this then
> places my total box out of allignment with the browse column - is this
> common ? am  being stupid ?

Hi Ken,

The trait of vertical scrollbars not appearing unless there is enough data
is *normal* for Clarion and you can not change it AFAIK.

I suspect that the alignment problem might be that the data in the listbox
is justified one direction and your total field is justified another.

Just a thought.

Charles Edmonds

LANSRAD - "Intelligent Solutions for Universal Problems"
www.lansrad.com

Tue, 18 Oct 2005 01:24:19 GMT
 Total Box on a browse with scroll bars

Quote:
>I have several browse boxes that I have placed total boxes underneath the
>last column - I have suddenly noticed that the Vertical scroll bars only
>appear if there are sufficient items to warrant them and that this then
>places my total box out of allignment with the browse column - is this
>common ? am  being stupid ?

That is normal.  There was a Clarion Mag article about this, if you
have a subscription.

http://www.clarionmag.com/cmag/v4/v4n06totals.html

There is one problem with the example, which is while the code moves
the total field when the browse columns are resized, it does not when
the window is resized, and therefore the browse is also resized.  I
was unable to workaround that, as the window is modal when the
resizing occurs, and you cannot CREATE a control (which is how the
example works) when the window is modal.  However, I did not spend an
inordinate amount of time on the problem, so there may be a solution.

Jason

Tue, 18 Oct 2005 03:23:36 GMT

1. Scroll bars on browse box'es

2. only add a scroll bar when the window is minimized and scroll bar is needed

3. Running Total in Browse Box

4. Scroll bars(?) and dialog boxes

5. Scroll Bars on List Box

6. set scroll bar position list box

7. scroll bar of thw browse doesn't work

8. Vertical Scroll bar in File Loaded Browse with IMM attribute

9. scroll bars missing in browse

10. scroll bar and page loaded browse

11. BROWSE BOX SCROLLING

12. Scrolling through BROWSE box