How to make a queue of queue's
Author Message
 How to make a queue of queue's

hi
I want to represent a 2 dimensional table strcuture, like a queue of
queue's.
I have one queue called LANDQ and i want to make a CATQ. In CATQ each item
is in fact a LANDQ item, so it becomes a table structure.
How do i do this? With a genest queue inside a queue? Or with a GROUP?
And if i declared it well, how do i call an item from the inner/outer queue
in my code?

Harro

Sat, 19 Nov 2005 04:37:04 GMT
 How to make a queue of queue's
I think this will work

Queue1        queue,pre(q1)
Field1            String(10)
Field2            String(10)
                    .

Queue2        Queue,pre(q2)
Field1            String(10)
Field2            String(10)
LinkQueue    &queue1
                    .

  code
 queue2.field1='A'
 queue2.field2='B'
 queue2.linkqueue=new(queue1)

 queue2.linkqueue.field1='C'
 queue2.linkqueue.field2='D'
 add(queue2.linkqueue)
 etc etc etc

Remember to use the dot syntax as prefixes are buggy with reference
variables

Cheers

Fri, 18 Nov 2005 20:11:46 GMT
 How to make a queue of queue's
I will try, thnx

Quote:
> I think this will work

> Queue1        queue,pre(q1)
> Field1            String(10)
> Field2            String(10)
>                     .

> Queue2        Queue,pre(q2)
> Field1            String(10)
> Field2            String(10)
> LinkQueue    &queue1
>                     .

>   code
>  queue2.field1='A'
>  queue2.field2='B'
>  queue2.linkqueue=new(queue1)

>  queue2.linkqueue.field1='C'
>  queue2.linkqueue.field2='D'
>  add(queue2.linkqueue)
>  etc etc etc

> Remember to use the dot syntax as prefixes are buggy with reference
> variables

> Cheers

Sat, 19 Nov 2005 05:23:07 GMT
 How to make a queue of queue's
And don't forget when you're done with the queue to:

 "DISPOSE" and "CLEAR" each queue entry to avoid memory leaks

--
Patrick Boisclair
Programmeur - Analyste / Programmer - Analyst

Quote:
> I think this will work

> Queue1        queue,pre(q1)
> Field1            String(10)
> Field2            String(10)
>                     .

> Queue2        Queue,pre(q2)
> Field1            String(10)
> Field2            String(10)
> LinkQueue    &queue1
>                     .

>   code
>  queue2.field1='A'
>  queue2.field2='B'
>  queue2.linkqueue=new(queue1)

>  queue2.linkqueue.field1='C'
>  queue2.linkqueue.field2='D'
>  add(queue2.linkqueue)
>  etc etc etc

> Remember to use the dot syntax as prefixes are buggy with reference
> variables

> Cheers

Fri, 18 Nov 2005 20:24:18 GMT
 How to make a queue of queue's
I would just ask: do i have to dispose them...? thnx

Quote:
> I will try, thnx

> > I think this will work

> > Queue1        queue,pre(q1)
> > Field1            String(10)
> > Field2            String(10)
> >                     .

> > Queue2        Queue,pre(q2)
> > Field1            String(10)
> > Field2            String(10)
> > LinkQueue    &queue1
> >                     .

> >   code
> >  queue2.field1='A'
> >  queue2.field2='B'
> >  queue2.linkqueue=new(queue1)

> >  queue2.linkqueue.field1='C'
> >  queue2.linkqueue.field2='D'
> >  add(queue2.linkqueue)
> >  etc etc etc

> > Remember to use the dot syntax as prefixes are buggy with reference
> > variables

> > Cheers

Sat, 19 Nov 2005 05:46:32 GMT
 How to make a queue of queue's
Yes

--
Ian Holdsworth
Senior Programmer / Assistant IT Manager

Direct Line:       +44 (0) 20 8880 8866
Switch Board:      +44 (0) 20 8880 8140
Fax:               +44 (0) 0870 134 0987

Web Site:          www.ram-ltd.co.uk

Quote:
> I would just ask: do i have to dispose them...? thnx

> > I will try, thnx

> > > I think this will work

> > > Queue1        queue,pre(q1)
> > > Field1            String(10)
> > > Field2            String(10)
> > >                     .

> > > Queue2        Queue,pre(q2)
> > > Field1            String(10)
> > > Field2            String(10)
> > > LinkQueue    &queue1
> > >                     .

> > >   code
> > >  queue2.field1='A'
> > >  queue2.field2='B'
> > >  queue2.linkqueue=new(queue1)

> > >  queue2.linkqueue.field1='C'
> > >  queue2.linkqueue.field2='D'
> > >  add(queue2.linkqueue)
> > >  etc etc etc

> > > Remember to use the dot syntax as prefixes are buggy with reference
> > > variables

> > > Cheers

Fri, 18 Nov 2005 20:53:56 GMT
 How to make a queue of queue's
Thanks Patrick I'd forgotten about that

--
Ian Holdsworth
Senior Programmer / Assistant IT Manager
Response Analysis & Mailing Ltd

Direct Line:       +44 (0) 20 8880 8866
Switch Board:      +44 (0) 20 8880 8140
Fax:               +44 (0) 0870 134 0987

Web Site:          www.ram-ltd.co.uk

Quote:
> And don't forget when you're done with the queue to:

>  "DISPOSE" and "CLEAR" each queue entry to avoid memory leaks

> --
> Patrick Boisclair
> Programmeur - Analyste / Programmer - Analyst
> PGCTI Inc.
> http://www.pgcti.com

> > I think this will work

> > Queue1        queue,pre(q1)
> > Field1            String(10)
> > Field2            String(10)
> >                     .

> > Queue2        Queue,pre(q2)
> > Field1            String(10)
> > Field2            String(10)
> > LinkQueue    &queue1
> >                     .

> >   code
> >  queue2.field1='A'
> >  queue2.field2='B'
> >  queue2.linkqueue=new(queue1)

> >  queue2.linkqueue.field1='C'
> >  queue2.linkqueue.field2='D'
> >  add(queue2.linkqueue)
> >  etc etc etc

> > Remember to use the dot syntax as prefixes are buggy with reference
> > variables

> > Cheers

Fri, 18 Nov 2005 20:54:27 GMT
 How to make a queue of queue's
How do i an GET() on the referenced queue? I have already done
GET(Q2,LOC:POS).
this way? : GET(Q2.Q1, LOC:POS)
And can i also do : FREE(Q2.Q1) ? and then a DISPOSE(Q2.Q1) ?
Last question : it is not a problem that Q1 is not type (TYPE attribute) ?

Quote:
> I would just ask: do i have to dispose them...? thnx

> > I will try, thnx

> > > I think this will work

> > > Queue1        queue,pre(q1)
> > > Field1            String(10)
> > > Field2            String(10)
> > >                     .

> > > Queue2        Queue,pre(q2)
> > > Field1            String(10)
> > > Field2            String(10)
> > > LinkQueue    &queue1
> > >                     .

> > >   code
> > >  queue2.field1='A'
> > >  queue2.field2='B'
> > >  queue2.linkqueue=new(queue1)

> > >  queue2.linkqueue.field1='C'
> > >  queue2.linkqueue.field2='D'
> > >  add(queue2.linkqueue)
> > >  etc etc etc

> > > Remember to use the dot syntax as prefixes are buggy with reference
> > > variables

> > > Cheers

Sat, 19 Nov 2005 05:55:49 GMT
 How to make a queue of queue's
Harro

Quote:
> How do i an GET() on the referenced queue? I have already done
> GET(Q2,LOC:POS).
> this way? : GET(Q2.Q1, LOC:POS)
> And can i also do : FREE(Q2.Q1) ? and then a DISPOSE(Q2.Q1) ?
> Last question : it is not a problem that Q1 is not type (TYPE attribute) ?

You must first get the parent queue and then get the child e.g.

  Get(Parentq,parentq.field1)
  Get(Parentq.childq,parentq.childq.field1)

I think your right the Child queue really needs to be a type def.

Don't forget you must use the dot syntax "parentq.childq" will work
"pq:ChildQ" will not.

Take care

Fri, 18 Nov 2005 21:01:41 GMT
 How to make a queue of queue's
Thnx i'll try

Quote:
> Found an example made by Jeff Slarve.

> Regards
> Ik

> > hi
> > I want to represent a 2 dimensional table strcuture, like a queue of
> > queue's.
> > I have one queue called LANDQ and i want to make a CATQ. In CATQ each
item
> > is in fact a LANDQ item, so it becomes a table structure.
> > How do i do this? With a genest queue inside a queue? Or with a GROUP?
> > And if i declared it well, how do i call an item from the inner/outer
> queue
> > in my code?

> > Harro

Sat, 19 Nov 2005 16:09:07 GMT
 How to make a queue of queue's
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but my experience is that you cannot display
a queue of queues in a list box, in case that's a factor.

Quote:
> hi
> I want to represent a 2 dimensional table strcuture, like a queue of
> queue's.
> I have one queue called LANDQ and i want to make a CATQ. In CATQ each item
> is in fact a LANDQ item, so it becomes a table structure.
> How do i do this? With a genest queue inside a queue? Or with a GROUP?
> And if i declared it well, how do i call an item from the inner/outer
queue
> in my code?

> Harro

Mon, 05 Dec 2005 01:27:33 GMT
 How to make a queue of queue's
All you'll see is the address of the nested queue.  Although you could have
a second list box to display the nested queue.

Cheers

Quote:
> Someone correct me if I'm wrong but my experience is that you cannot
display
> a queue of queues in a list box, in case that's a factor.

> > hi
> > I want to represent a 2 dimensional table strcuture, like a queue of
> > queue's.
> > I have one queue called LANDQ and i want to make a CATQ. In CATQ each
item
> > is in fact a LANDQ item, so it becomes a table structure.
> > How do i do this? With a genest queue inside a queue? Or with a GROUP?
> > And if i declared it well, how do i call an item from the inner/outer
> queue
> > in my code?

> > Harro

Mon, 05 Dec 2005 17:23:58 GMT

1. CLASSes and QUEUEs (was: Re: QUEUE in QUEUE)

2. Clarification of Queue Operation / Behavior when using multiple Queues

3. Queue in Queue?!

4. Queue of Queues problem.

5. QUEUE in QUEUE

6. QUEUE inside GROUP/QUEUE

7. Queue.Queue examples?

8. Howto wait for multiple queues (Queue.py)?

9. Colors in "self-made" queue-browse

10. making a load module with UNIX line printer queue library

11. REXX'n Named QUEUE's????????

12. PB/CC's LPRINT and Network Queues