ABC Browse Range Limits not working
Author Message
 ABC Browse Range Limits not working

I have a window with two browses and a date selector. The relationship
between the browses is:

Browse1 = Companies

Browse 2 = Company Schedules for a given date, with a key of CompanyID,
Date, ScheduleItem
Range on Date

How/where do I force the browse to Range on the selected company (which is
above the date in the structure)?

C55EE-H, ABC

Regards
Warren Marshall

Fri, 22 Jul 2005 14:41:39 GMT
 ABC Browse Range Limits not working
Hi Warren

Browse 1: maybe you already have, but you must have the Company ID as one of
the fields, or as a hot field.

Browse 2: use range limit, companyID beeing the first field in the key and
as the relation-field.
The Browse 2 is updated automatically when Browse 1 selector moves.
Add date-value checks to the filter.
Changes in the values of a filter don't refresh the browse, so add those
date variables (or variable)  to "Reset field" (Browse box properties). I
mean the variables that contain the the range you want to view.
These date-variables must be "hot fields": bind=true, not in the view=true.
The date variables of the company Schedules file don't need to be hot fields
while they are in the key.

With Best Regards
Mikko

Quote:
> I have a window with two browses and a date selector. The relationship
> between the browses is:

> Browse1 = Companies

> Browse 2 = Company Schedules for a given date, with a key of CompanyID,
> Date, ScheduleItem
> Range on Date

> How/where do I force the browse to Range on the selected company (which is
> above the date in the structure)?

> C55EE-H, ABC

> Regards
> Warren Marshall

Fri, 22 Jul 2005 20:09:41 GMT

1. How do I do a Multiple Range Limit on an ABC Browse

2. Locator in browse with range filter not working

3. ABC Browse View Control not working?

4. Help with range limit in ABC Template

5. ABC Code not working (C5EE & ABC)

6. ABC Browse Range

7. Browse range-limit field

8. Browse with range limit and incremental locator problem

9. Filtering a Range Limited Browse

10. Setting Range Limits on a browse form inside a Tab

11. Changing value of a Browse Range Limit

12. Browse Range Limit, multi-field key?