Please help. GPFs with Locus RTF Editor
Author Message
 Please help. GPFs with Locus RTF Editor

Hi Adam,

There were some msg's about this a while back and it seems that someone
posted a "fix" for the problem you are having.  Something about one of the
fields needed it's type changed or something.  The msgs were on 08/25/99 and
were from Jeff Slarve and Jim Kane.

Here are some web sites you may want to visit when you are trying to "noodle
something out"

www.topspeed.com
www.icetips.com
www.par2.com
www.cwicweb.com.
http://www.*-*-*.com/

You might also try www.clarionmag.com and subscribe to since it is an ezine
for Clarion.

Regards,
Earl

Quote:
> Is it just me?  After purchasing RichX and encountering major
> frustrations... I found Locus templates found them to be great!  This
said,
> when running a procedure with an RTF control, I exit the screen and
> whammmoo, GPF.  This happens about 80% of the time on any procedure with
the
> RichEdit control on it.

> How do I track down the cause?  I've tried everything I know and I'm
willing
> to pay someone for a 'fixed' template file to re-register.

> PLEASE help!  Otherwise, I have a program ready for market except for this
> GPF issue.

> Thanks,

> Adam Anderson

Tue, 26 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Please help. GPFs with Locus RTF Editor

Quote:

> How do I track down the cause?  I've tried everything I know and I'm willing
> to pay someone for a 'fixed' template file to re-register.

> PLEASE help!  Otherwise, I have a program ready for market except for this
> GPF issue.

I couldnt tell you how to track down the cause other than to run it in the
de{*filter*} and see what gives.

However, I do know that Jeff Slarve (I think thats who it was) said he found
that there was a NT-specific GPF in the class because of differences in the
calls to the RT control from NT to 95/98. You might check Icetips for the fix
or look in the ts c5ee groups for the post. It wasnt that long ago.

---
Mark Riffey
Granite Bear Development
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Software for professional photography studios
and non-profit organizations

Tue, 26 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Please help. GPFs with Locus RTF Editor
Is it just me?  After purchasing RichX and encountering major
frustrations... I found Locus templates found them to be great!  This said,
when running a procedure with an RTF control, I exit the screen and
whammmoo, GPF.  This happens about 80% of the time on any procedure with the
RichEdit control on it.

How do I track down the cause?  I've tried everything I know and I'm willing
to pay someone for a 'fixed' template file to re-register.

PLEASE help!  Otherwise, I have a program ready for market except for this
GPF issue.

Thanks,

Adam Anderson

Wed, 27 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help Needed on Locus Rich Editor

2. Locus RTF - Use Tabs

3. Problem with Locus ABC template+RTF Edit control

4. locus rtf and ?next record?

5. Class GPFs in C4 - Help Please!

6. Locus RTF black Background on NT

7. Locus Template - RTF control

8. Locus ( 5.1) rtf control is not full compatipele

9. LOCUS TEMPLATES - About Locus Security

10. Anyone heard of Lucas .RTF Editor Template?

11. Looking for Clarion built RTF editor (not richX)

12. Memo editor + RTF