Parent twin browse slow
Author Message
 Parent twin browse slow

My uses a parent browse list on the left and a child browse list on the
right.  It is impossibly slow.  The parent file is keyed on MBR:MemberID and
the child uses a three part key CHI:MemberID/CHI:Date/CHI:ChildID.  Approx
1500 records in the parent and maybe 15000 in the child file.  Do I need to
give up the dual displays with that many (so few) records?  Or is my problem
the key setup?

--
Louis Andrews - C5ee ABC

Tue, 25 Nov 2003 04:15:20 GMT
 Parent twin browse slow
Louis,

How are specifying the range limit in the child browse.  I assume that it is
the child side that's slow.  The parent browse is displaying quickly??

-Mike

Quote:
> My uses a parent browse list on the left and a child browse list on the
> right.  It is impossibly slow.  The parent file is keyed on MBR:MemberID
and
> the child uses a three part key CHI:MemberID/CHI:Date/CHI:ChildID.  Approx
> 1500 records in the parent and maybe 15000 in the child file.  Do I need
> give up the dual displays with that many (so few) records?  Or is my
problem
> the key setup?

> --
> Louis Andrews - C5ee ABC

Wed, 26 Nov 2003 02:47:35 GMT

1. How To restrict child browse to selected parent browse record

2. refreshing browse box on form from parent browse

3. Refreshing Twin Browse Boxes

4. Call a Form without the parent Browse

5. Parent-child browse scrolling problem

6. A theoretical question on Parent-Child relation and sortorder in browse

7. Parent form cleared when EIP child browse

8. Parent child browse

9. Child browse in parent form

10. I have Update Form (parent file) with Browse List (child file)

11. Parent and Child Browse Relationship Question

12. Parent limited Grandchild browse