Move up/Move down buttons
Author Message
 Move up/Move down buttons

I'm trying to put Move Up and Move Down buttons on a standard template
generated browser.  They're supposed to reorder the items like in the IDE.

My key is 2 pieces,  a SysID and an Order.  The Order is 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and
pressing the Moveup key should swap the Order numbers with the hilighted
record and the record above it.

Tried about everything I can think of, but can't get the browse to update.
I've been close a couple time and had the list in the new order when I exit
and reenter the browse.

--
Tom Ruby

http://www.*-*-*.com/
(It must be time to figure out a new tag line)

Tue, 31 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Move up/Move down buttons

Quote:
>I'm trying to put Move Up and Move Down buttons on a standard template
>generated browser.  They're supposed to reorder the items like in the IDE.

>My key is 2 pieces,  a SysID and an Order.  The Order is 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and
>pressing the Moveup key should swap the Order numbers with the hilighted
>record and the record above it.

>Tried about everything I can think of, but can't get the browse to update.
>I've been close a couple time and had the list in the new order when I exit
>and reenter the browse.

Try this

do Brw1::RefreshPage

after each accept event on the buttons.  This will refresh the browse
page only.  The Brw1 may vary on your system in which case look in the
generated source to find the name of the routine.

Simon Burrows

Your local independant Clarion trader and purveyor of fine messages.

Tue, 31 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Move up/Move down buttons

Quote:

> >I'm trying to put Move Up and Move Down buttons on a standard template
> >generated browser.  They're supposed to reorder the items like in the
IDE.
> Try this

> do Brw1::RefreshPage

> after each accept event on the buttons.  This will refresh the browse
> page only.  The Brw1 may vary on your system in which case look in the
> generated source to find the name of the routine.

Thanks, I'll try it.

--
Tom Ruby

http://www.netins.net/showcase/tomruby/
(It must be time to figure out a new tag line)

Wed, 01 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Move up/Move down buttons

Quote:
>I'm trying to put Move Up and Move Down buttons on a standard template
>generated browser.  They're supposed to reorder the items like in the IDE.
>My key is 2 pieces,  a SysID and an Order.  The Order is 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and
>pressing the Moveup key should swap the Order numbers with the hilighted
>record and the record above it.
>Tried about everything I can think of, but can't get the browse to update.
>I've been close a couple time and had the list in the new order when I exit
>and reenter the browse.

You could consider making your switching code an update procedure (but
not if you're relying on queue entries).  Then the template would
handle all that stuff it does in the BRWx::ButtonAdd/Change/Delete and
BRWx::CallUpdate routines.
If not I guess tyou'll have to borrow from there. Ignoring all the
stuff to do with the toolbar VCR buttons, it would probably have to
look something like this:

  CLOSE(BRW1::View:Browse)    !From CallUpdate
  your switching code
  DO BRW1::Reset                           ! ditto
  BRW1::LocateMode = LocateOnEdit   !From ButtonChange
  DO BRW1::LocateRecord
  DO BRW1::InitializeBrowse
  DO BRW1::PostNewSelection
  SELECT(?Browse:1)
  DO RefreshWindow

Quote:
>--
>Tom Ruby

>http://www.netins.net/showcase/tomruby/
>(It must be time to figure out a new tag line)

----------------------
Jon Waterhouse
Andy Rowe Consultants,
St. John's NF

Fri, 03 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Group level move vs sub-group level move.

2. moving icons when mouse moves, virus?

3. Move down one line how?

4. Moving items up and down a browse

5. Moving items up and down in a browse

6. Free WinAPI Toolkit v1.3a include Move Up Down for ABC

7. Move browse record up/down.

8. Assertion Error in Free API Toolkit - Sequenced Move UP/DOWN

9. My browser moves too fast - Please help to slow it down

10. Moving up/down one DISPLAY line in text widget

11. Moving buttons on screen resizing

12. Moving buttons