Why doesn't this subclass code work?
Author Message
 Why doesn't this subclass code work?

Hi Ron,

As far as I can see, The only difference between your code and mine (that
works) is the following:

Yours:
    SavedProc = WinView{PROP:ClientWndProc}
    WinView{PROP:ClientWndProc} = ADDRESS(SubClassFunc)

Mine:
  SavedProc = WinView{Prop:WndProc}
  WinView{Prop:WndProc}=ADDRESS(SubClassFunc)

Reading the Help (4b) doesn't clarify the difference properly. It seems that
PROP:ClientWndProc refers to the client area while Prop:WndProc refers to
the Window itself.

Cheers,

Carl

Quote:
> I am trying to write some small code to learn how to subclass properly.
> I can't seem
> to get the application to close itself on a windows shutdown. I looked
> at all the templates out there, but I want to learn and understand. Can
> anybody help.

Sat, 13 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Why doesn't this subclass code work?

Quote:

> Hi Ron,

> As far as I can see, The only difference between your code and mine (that
> works) is the following:

> Yours:
>     SavedProc = WinView{PROP:ClientWndProc}
>     WinView{PROP:ClientWndProc} = ADDRESS(SubClassFunc)

I got that from C4 documentation. I got the example to work but not the changes
that I made...
Quote:

> Mine:
>   SavedProc = WinView{Prop:WndProc}
>   WinView{Prop:WndProc}=ADDRESS(SubClassFunc)

> Reading the Help (4b) doesn't clarify the difference properly. It seems that
> PROP:ClientWndProc refers to the client area while Prop:WndProc refers to
> the Window itself.

> Cheers,

> Carl

> > I am trying to write some small code to learn how to subclass properly.
> > I can't seem
> > to get the application to close itself on a windows shutdown. I looked
> > at all the templates out there, but I want to learn and understand. Can
> > anybody help.

Sat, 13 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Why doesn't this subclass code work?

Quote:

> Hi Ron,

> As far as I can see, The only difference between your code and mine (that
> works) is the following:

> Yours:
>     SavedProc = WinView{PROP:ClientWndProc}
>     WinView{PROP:ClientWndProc} = ADDRESS(SubClassFunc)

> Mine:
>   SavedProc = WinView{Prop:WndProc}
>   WinView{Prop:WndProc}=ADDRESS(SubClassFunc)

> Reading the Help (4b) doesn't clarify the difference properly. It seems that
> PROP:ClientWndProc refers to the client area while Prop:WndProc refers to
> the Window itself.

Thanks... I finally got the difference... I changed it and it worked great.
Thanks again

> Cheers,

> Carl

> > I am trying to write some small code to learn how to subclass properly.
> > I can't seem
> > to get the application to close itself on a windows shutdown. I looked
> > at all the templates out there, but I want to learn and understand. Can
> > anybody help.

Sat, 13 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Why doesn't this code work?

2. why doesn't this hold() code work?

3. Why this code doesn't work....

4. Why this code doesn't work...

5. Help - why doesn't this conjunction work?

6. Why doesn't this function work?

7. Why doesn't this equate work

8. Why doesn't the socket always work ?

9. why doesn't FILE{Prop:label} work?

10. Why doesn't this WORK?

11. Why doesn't SELF.RestoreField(MyField) work ?

12. Why doesn't my toolbar work?