Special Page header on first Page
Author Message
 Special Page header on first Page

I still have my problem with the report writer from CW2.003

I want a special Page Header on the first page and a special Page Footer on
the Last Page.

On all other Pages the normal Page Header and Footer shall be printed.

If the Reports has only one page, the special header and footer shall be
printed on this page.

I don't find a way to achieve this.

Please help!

Stephan Wessel

Instruclean West GmbH & Co. KG
Mlheim an der Ruhr - Germany

Tue, 09 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Special Page header on first Page

Quote:
>I want a special Page Header on the first page and a special Page
Footer on
>the Last Page.

>On all other Pages the normal Page Header and Footer shall be printed.

>If the Reports has only one page, the special header and footer shall
be
>printed on this page.

I see you have not had any replies, so I'll give a few tips.

The problem is that I don't know when assignments for the header take
place, so I am not sure what embeds to use. There is also no way of
knowing when the first page header prints.

The method will be to incorporate all the controls for both headers into
the header and then hide and resize.

SetTarget(Report)
?Control1{Prop:Hide} = True
?Control2{Prop:Hide} = False
?Header{Prop:Height} = 500
SetTarget()

At the correct embed, which you will have to find by trial and error,
set for the other header.

SetTarget(Report)
?Control1{Prop:Hide} = False
?Control2{Prop:Hide} = True
?Header{Prop:Height} = 800
SetTarget()

Do the same for the footer. Here the Before Print Preview embed should
work.

Regards
Malcolm Collett
------------------------------
mcollett AT iafrica DOT com
==============================

Wed, 10 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Special Page header on first Page
Stephan,

Are you referring to the external report writer or the report
formatter?  If you are hoping to do this with the external report
write it does not appear to me that you will be able to do this
although I am not entirely sure about that.

If you are using the report formatter you can bypass most of what the
print engine does for you by using detail bands only (do not use
header/footer/group bands etc.).  Then you will have to keep track of
the added height of each band that has printed and check that total
against the total report height.  By doing this you have complete
control of what prints and when it prints and you know when page
breaks will occur.  I find that more and more I am writing my reports
this way.  It is a lot of extra work but it gives me the control that
I need.

HTH,

John Dunn

Wed, 10 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Special Page header on first Page
Malcolm,

I have this problem with Report Writer, not with the report template.

Stephan

Quote:
>>I want a special Page Header on the first page and a special Page
>Footer on
>>the Last Page.

>>On all other Pages the normal Page Header and Footer shall be printed.

>>If the Reports has only one page, the special header and footer shall
>be
>>printed on this page.

>I see you have not had any replies, so I'll give a few tips.

>The problem is that I don't know when assignments for the header take
>place, so I am not sure what embeds to use. There is also no way of
>knowing when the first page header prints.

>The method will be to incorporate all the controls for both headers into
>the header and then hide and resize.

>SetTarget(Report)
>?Control1{Prop:Hide} = True
>?Control2{Prop:Hide} = False
>?Header{Prop:Height} = 500
>SetTarget()

>At the correct embed, which you will have to find by trial and error,
>set for the other header.

>SetTarget(Report)
>?Control1{Prop:Hide} = False
>?Control2{Prop:Hide} = True
>?Header{Prop:Height} = 800
>SetTarget()

>Do the same for the footer. Here the Before Print Preview embed should
>work.

>Regards
>Malcolm Collett
>------------------------------
>mcollett AT iafrica DOT com
>==============================

Fri, 12 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Special Page header on first Page
John,

I'm referring to the external report writer.

I have no problems in doing this bwith the internal report formater.

I have this problem always when I have to create things like invoice forms.
The first page is with adress and some header informations that should not
appear on the naext pages. The last page has sums on it while the other
pages have not.I need to create this report forms with the external report
writer because every customer has different forms.

This seems so fundamental to me that I cannot imagine that there is no
solution.

Stephan

Quote:
>Stephan,

>Are you referring to the external report writer or the report
>formatter?  If you are hoping to do this with the external report
>write it does not appear to me that you will be able to do this
>although I am not entirely sure about that.

>If you are using the report formatter you can bypass most of what the
>print engine does for you by using detail bands only (do not use
>header/footer/group bands etc.).  Then you will have to keep track of
>the added height of each band that has printed and check that total
>against the total report height.  By doing this you have complete
>control of what prints and when it prints and you know when page
>breaks will occur.  I find that more and more I am writing my reports
>this way.  It is a lot of extra work but it gives me the control that
>I need.

>HTH,

>John Dunn

Fri, 12 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Special Page header on first Page
Stephan,

There is an often overlooked trick, to define  a "beginning report" section,
and End report section. Create a local variable, and use it as a break, and
build your Page header in the before break section for that variable, and
the page footer same way after this break section. All the others parts of
your report have to be inside that break.

Have not tested from the reporter, but it should work as well.

--
Bernard Grosperrin, "Bernie"
Team Topspeed

Quote:
> I still have my problem with the report writer from CW2.003

> I want a special Page Header on the first page and a special Page Footer
on
> the Last Page.

> On all other Pages the normal Page Header and Footer shall be printed.

> If the Reports has only one page, the special header and footer shall be
> printed on this page.

> I don't find a way to achieve this.

> Please help!

> Stephan Wessel

> Instruclean West GmbH & Co. KG
> Mlheim an der Ruhr - Germany

Fri, 12 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Report with no page header on firs page

2. Report with no page header on firs page

3. ReportWriter: Suppress (first) Page Header

4. No Header on first page of report

5. Report: Total pages on first page?

6. First page in report is page 2 - how?

7. TclX.n man pages (and pages and pages....)

8. Why is page header printed corectly only on first page?

9. Printing produces headers on blank pages

10. C5 Report, supress page header

11. hide field in page header

12. Reports: Detail Header on each page