RTF Control - help needed
Author Message
 RTF Control - help needed

I have just upgraded to c5.5ee from C5 and am trying to get to grips with
the RTF control but am having some problems.

In a Legacy 32 bit app, I have placed a RTF control on a form and set it to
load contents from a memo field.  I have also embedded the "Save RTF
contents to a Field" before writing to disk.  At this point all works fine.
I now wanted to be able to call a procedure (on a new thread) which puts a
value into the string MIN:Narrative and for the contents of MIN:Narrative to
be loaded into the RTF Control (?RTFcontrol).  I have experimented with
various embeds etc. but cannot seem to get it to work - I'm sure the
solution is very simple but can anyone help!!?

Regards

Ian Burgess

Tue, 30 Nov 2004 17:23:44 GMT
 RTF Control - help needed
Ian,

Quote:
> I now wanted to be able to call a procedure (on a new thread) which puts a

When your file is threaded, MIN:Narrative will not have changed
upon return of this proc. You must call this proc on the same thread.
Upon return from this proc:
oRTF_RTFTextBox.LoadField( MIN:Narrative )

--

Best regards,
Maarten

Wed, 01 Dec 2004 03:45:42 GMT
 RTF Control - help needed
Thanks Maarten

Silly me!

On an allied topic, if I want to build up the contents of a string and
insert the final string in the RTF control, I can now do that.  But the text
is all "plain".  I now want to format the string that I insert into the RTF
with bold, underline, centering etc.  Is it just a matter of inserting RTF
control codes (like \b for bold) in the string?  I had a go at doing that
but seem to end up with the codes being displayed?

Regards

Ian Burgess

Quote:
> Ian,

> > I now wanted to be able to call a procedure (on a new thread) which puts
> When your file is threaded, MIN:Narrative will not have changed
> upon return of this proc. You must call this proc on the same thread.
> Upon return from this proc:
> oRTF_RTFTextBox.LoadField( MIN:Narrative )

> --

> Best regards,
> Maarten
> CDD3.1, C5EEb - ABC & C5.5.04EE
> Certainly Clarion Developer

Wed, 01 Dec 2004 18:35:45 GMT
 RTF Control - help needed
Ian,

Quote:
> is all "plain".  I now want to format the string that I insert into the RTF

Read the manual.
There is a method to select a piece of the text and then
other methods to do the formatting on the selected text.

--

Best regards,
Maarten
CDD3.1, C5EEb - ABC & C5.5.04EE
Certainly Clarion Developer

Wed, 01 Dec 2004 22:59:13 GMT
 RTF Control - help needed
Thanks Marten

Unfortunately that won't do what I want.

In a C5.5 app I have two or more strings which each contain RTF text.  I
need to concatenate two or more of these RTF formatted strings and retain
the formatting, putting the result in a new string.  This all needs to
happen without displaying the RTF controls on a Window.  I can see that I
cannot just use "&" to do the job as the RTF strings each have header and
footer RTF information.

Regards
Ian

Quote:
> Ian,

> > is all "plain".  I now want to format the string that I insert into the
RTF
> Read the manual.
> There is a method to select a piece of the text and then
> other methods to do the formatting on the selected text.

> --

> Best regards,
> Maarten
> CDD3.1, C5EEb - ABC & C5.5.04EE
> Certainly Clarion Developer

Sat, 04 Dec 2004 01:20:37 GMT
 RTF Control - help needed
Ian,

Quote:
> cannot just use "&" to do the job as the RTF strings each have header and

Can't answer this one.
Maybe Load() the second string and save it to the
clipboard, then load() the first string and paste the
clipboard behind it ?

--

Best regards,
Maarten
CDD3.1, C5EEb - ABC & C5.5.04EE
Certainly Clarion Developer

Sat, 04 Dec 2004 03:13:54 GMT

1. RTF-control HELP!!!!!

2. Need .rtf help

3. CW55d - RTF Control

4. RTF-control in cw5.5

5. RTF control - page break

6. RTF Control

7. RTF Control

8. RTF Control Template

9. Freeware - Sample application (eMail Merge using RTF and SMTP controls)

10. Problem with Locus ABC template+RTF Edit control

11. rtf control locks up app

12. Images and graphics in RTF Control