Showing locator value on browse - CW4
Author Message
 Showing locator value on browse - CW4

I'm trying to show the value of an incremental locator on each browse tab.
It works when the key field is a type string but doesn't otherwise. Is
there a way to show the value of say a Customer_Id locator if it is a type
LONG?

Thanks

Thu, 04 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Showing locator value on browse - CW4
Quote:

> I'm trying to show the value of an incremental locator on each browse tab.
> It works when the key field is a type string but doesn't otherwise. Is
> there a way to show the value of say a Customer_Id locator if it is a type
> LONG?

No for the same reason the date does not work. If there are customer Ids of
say 1233 and 123 and the user types 1 or 12 or 123 should the browse jump
into the range of 1, 12 or 123 or 1230.  Unless the customer ID is a fixed
number of digits and you want to do a little scaling in locator class
TakeKey method it will not work with an incremental locator.
---
Jim Kane  - TeamTopSpeed
Productive Software Solutions
Can't Find that Message?
Get Organized, Get ForKeeps!
www.fkeeps.com

Thu, 04 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Date Locator on browse - CW4

2. how do i set tab on browse to show only fields with same value

3. Locator Fields in CW4

4. Locator in CW4 Beta 2 using Clarion File Driver

5. Manually refresh the browse locator with specific locator field value!

6. incremental LOCATOR to show typing

7. HVSCROLL always shows horiz scroll bar in CW4

8. cw4 actions shows no selection

9. Locator on a browse

10. I Want my Browse Locator always in focus

11. Locator in Keyless Browse

12. Reset Browse Locator