UPS, RPS, Modules/Template Anyone?
Author Message
 UPS, RPS, Modules/Template Anyone?

I would like to incorporate UPS, and/or RPS modules where they calcualte
all kinds of freight chages/ print COD tickets, Call Tags, Etc..
There are many avail for like $99 on ups.com by third parties but they
are stanalones..

I've done this long time ago using CPD but just wondering if anyone else
has tried this using c5 etc..

Maybe it's just me but I spent close to a year basically modifying 90%
of duke's code and finding out that there is only once shell vendor and
would like to see REAL working business apps here and there..

any thoughts welcome..

{*filter*}

Tue, 13 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 UPS, RPS, Modules/Template Anyone?
just not quite what i needed therefore spent LOT of time changing
it..there are many great third party templates and I bot most of them
and thank them for writing it with $ :) .. I am just wondering in
caomparison to lets say

AccountMate = Foxpro
UA Associate = Access
etc..

have very well written source (full accounting) modules that goes beyond
what we have for clarion..

probably since we're a smaller user set and our bread/butter depends on
writing these packages in different flavors.. i am hoping in time that
we will have more business oriented business application sources
available in the future..

Quote:

> I would like to incorporate UPS, and/or RPS modules where they calcualte
> all kinds of freight chages/ print COD tickets, Call Tags, Etc..
> There are many avail for like $99 on ups.com by third parties but they
> are stanalones..

> I've done this long time ago using CPD but just wondering if anyone else
> has tried this using c5 etc..

> Maybe it's just me but I spent close to a year basically modifying 90%
> of duke's code and finding out that there is only once shell vendor and
> would like to see REAL working business apps here and there..

> any thoughts welcome..

> {*filter*}

Tue, 13 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 UPS, RPS, Modules/Template Anyone?
Hi {*filter*},

Someone has written some accounting that you may be interested in but I must
not have made a link to it in my favorites so can't pass it on to you here.
Sorry...

It is a series of 10 modules with the source available for $399. each.  It
looked to me to be the more "traditional" style of accounting and
bookkeeping wherein everything is done in a strict "historical" fashion.  As
I remember, they said it was "Accounting for a Distributorship".

Maybe they will jump in here and let you know where you can d/l a demo.  I
think it might be something you are looking for.  It looked like pretty good
stuff to me.  I think they used legacy templates.  If I run across the link
later I'll send it to you.

Dukes stuff has a POS "slant" to it where post files are created for later
posting but you can "post" any time with a menu choice.  Daily posting is
probably often enough for most "real time" usage.  I always ran my business
"one day at a time".  <g>

Dukes stuff *is* a bit of a "hybrid" in some respects (but not much) but it
can be used in a *lot* more business situations *if* you understand how to
apply it.  Trouble is, a lot of business owners (and some
Consultants/Developers too <g>) are not "creative" and "flexible" enough to
accomplish the task of "applying it".

Business owners can be stubborn as he-- about their accounting (actually
bookkeeping) cause most of them are not trained accountants/bookkeepers  and
do *not* understand the accounting "cycle" and they are afraid they "will
lose control" of their business.

They'll never come out and tell you that though.  From my experience, they
will actually lie to you about it.  But then that's their prerogative since
it's "their" business and "their" money they are spending.  <grinnnn>

--
All the best,
Health, happiness and prosperity to you.

>just not quite what i needed therefore spent LOT of time changing
>it..there are many great third party templates and I bot most of them
>and thank them for writing it with $ :) .. I am just wondering in
>caomparison to lets say

>AccountMate = Foxpro
>UA Associate = Access
>etc..

>have very well written source (full accounting) modules that goes beyond
>what we have for clarion..

>probably since we're a smaller user set and our bread/butter depends on
>writing these packages in different flavors.. i am hoping in time that
>we will have more business oriented business application sources
>available in the future..

>> I would like to incorporate UPS, and/or RPS modules where they calcualte
>> all kinds of freight chages/ print COD tickets, Call Tags, Etc..
>> There are many avail for like $99 on ups.com by third parties but they
>> are stanalones..

>> I've done this long time ago using CPD but just wondering if anyone else
>> has tried this using c5 etc..

>> Maybe it's just me but I spent close to a year basically modifying 90%
>> of duke's code and finding out that there is only once shell vendor and
>> would like to see REAL working business apps here and there..

>> any thoughts welcome..

>> {*filter*}

Tue, 13 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 UPS, RPS, Modules/Template Anyone?
|Hi {*filter*},
|
|Someone has written some accounting that you may be interested in but I
must
|not have made a link to it in my favorites so can't pass it on to you here.
|Sorry...

I guess that's us, KV Enterprises.  Below are the links.  Web site is
www.kve.com.

The following is from: Wesley Coleman
KV Enterprises, Inc.

There is now a demo available specifically for this on our web site, there
is no link on the pages, so use the following links to download the demo's.

The link is www.kve.com/wddemo.EXE this contains the Clarion5A runtime
library. (2177kb)

Also www.kve.com/wddemonr.EXE this does NOT contain the Clarion5A runtime
library. (1691kb)

Jim Johnson
KV Enterprises, Inc.

Tue, 13 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 UPS, RPS, Modules/Template Anyone?
Hi Jim,

Yep, it's you.  Thanks for jumping in.  I'll make some links this time.  <g>

--
All the best,
Health, happiness and prosperity to you.
Earl
www.kwiksystems.com

Quote:

>|Hi {*filter*},
>|
>|Someone has written some accounting that you may be interested in but I
>must
>|not have made a link to it in my favorites so can't pass it on to you
here.
>|Sorry...

>I guess that's us, KV Enterprises.  Below are the links.  Web site is
>www.kve.com.

>The following is from: Wesley Coleman
>KV Enterprises, Inc.

>There is now a demo available specifically for this on our web site, there
>is no link on the pages, so use the following links to download the demo's.

>The link is www.kve.com/wddemo.EXE this contains the Clarion5A runtime
>library. (2177kb)

>Also www.kve.com/wddemonr.EXE this does NOT contain the Clarion5A runtime
>library. (1691kb)

>Jim Johnson
>KV Enterprises, Inc.

Wed, 14 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Charatcers bolded for RPS on Macintosh

2. Anyone Bought The Skins Library/Template from iAlchemy?

3. Anyone have any experience using the Lineprint template?

4. Anyone has Free Templates?

5. Anyone heard of Lucas .RTF Editor Template?

6. Anyone using the Quick DDE template?

7. LSE Template for Eiffel Anyone ?

8. Blinker 1.00 in Clipper v5.3 Template anyone?

9. Class Module template

10. C5B: Where to add code in template for every module generated

11. Simple HTML template modules?

12. Python module templates (was python calling python)