Keycode() - Getting a response to a key press
Author Message
 Keycode() - Getting a response to a key press

On an update window, I want an action to occur when I press
the PgDn key.  I have included the KEYCODE.CLW equates file
in the global area.  My code is like

    Case Keycode()
        of PgDnKey
             message('PgDn key pressed')
    end

Is this the proper code to capture the keypress?   And ,
where is the embed point for proper response?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bob Edwards

Sun, 02 Nov 2003 22:23:13 GMT
 Keycode() - Getting a response to a key press
Okay, I found the AlertKey stuff which I'll look through for
the answer.   Sorry for the false alarm.

Bob Edwards

Quote:

> On an update window, I want an action to occur when I press
> the PgDn key.  I have included the KEYCODE.CLW equates file
> in the global area.  My code is like

>     Case Keycode()
>         of PgDnKey
>              message('PgDn key pressed')
>     end

> Is this the proper code to capture the keypress?   And ,
> where is the embed point for proper response?

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> Bob Edwards

Sun, 02 Nov 2003 23:57:04 GMT

1. How to capture key-presses (keyboard-presses)???

2. Screen Focus and Alter Keys And KeyCOde()

3. VSE: Getting Shift F10 keycode

4. Alert and alias key slow response in 32-bit

5. IBM VA close window upon key pressed event

6. Tracking key presses, mouse clicks and mouse movements?

7. many keys pressed at the same time

8. Command-key presses

9. Changing the cursor when control key pressed.

10. Key press events on a window

11. Selecting TAB sheet by pressing TAB key

12. Trapping a key press event