Running Clarion on for DOS apps with Windows XP
Author Message
 Running Clarion on for DOS apps with Windows XP

Hi everyone,

When running clarion application created with Clarion 2.1(DOS) in
windows XP and specially using on a laptop the user sees half of the
screen. Is there any soulution for this. Any help will be greatly
appreciated.

Shailesh Shah

Sat, 11 Sep 2004 07:26:21 GMT
 Running Clarion on for DOS apps with Windows XP

Quote:
>When running clarion application created with Clarion 2.1(DOS) in
>windows XP and specially using on a laptop the user sees half of the
>screen. Is there any soulution for this. Any help will be greatly
>appreciated.

On the shortcut properties for the program, there is a tab where you
can set the window size and buffer size (I think that's what they are
called - I don't have an XP/2000 machine handy).  By default the
buffer size is larger than the screen size, which results in the
squished DOS window.  Make both 80 x 25 and the problem will go away.

Though, given that it is a laptop, there may still be problems - I
have yet to see a laptop that displays DOS full screen properly.

Jason

Sat, 11 Sep 2004 22:49:47 GMT

1. running Clarion for DOS app out of Clarion 5.5

2. Clarion 5 app, windows 98 and windows XP

3. Clarion for DOS and Windows XP

4. Run Windows prg From Dos window app?

5. clarion for dos apps & windows 98

6. Convert DOS-based Clarion App to Windows

7. Running Clarion apps in CE windows on iPac handheld device

8. Problem running Clarion DOS program on Windows NT

9. Clarion 3.1 (DOS) cannot run under WIndows NT

10. Errors Running Clarion-DOS on Windows-2000

11. Odd problem with run-time linking to a clarion dll from a non-clarion app

12. is tcl programs running on windows 2000 professional and windows xp gives diff results