Clarion 2.1 (Dos) printing
Author Message
 Clarion 2.1 (Dos) printing

1/12/2000

We are using Clarion for Dos version 2.1 and would like to know if it
is possible to print a bit map image on a report.

We want to store a signature in a file and then use the image to print
directly on the check as it is printed.

Thanks
Tom Greenway
L.L. Low Associates, Inc

    http://www.*-*-*.com/       The Largest Usenet Servers in the World!

Sun, 30 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion 2.1 (Dos) printing

Quote:
> 1/12/2000

> We are using Clarion for Dos version 2.1 and would like to know if it
> is possible to print a bit map image on a report.

> We want to store a signature in a file and then use the image to print
> directly on the check as it is printed.

this *might* help

In a job I was in a few years ago (Till Dec '94) we had Clarion 2.1 programs
which printed lots of statements to various kinds of statement paper.  To
save having to change the paper all the time here is what we did:

Designed the statement paper in a word processing package - print the
statement to a file.

Using a hex editor (like Cedt) remove all controls in the file which makes
the page eject from the printer.  (this took LOTS of time)

Save the file.

In the clarion program when printing a statement send the file to the
printer as an overlay, using printer control codes, then print the
statement, then remove the overlay.

Of course, if we were running the monthly statement run (approx. 2000
statements at a go) we only loaded the overlay once.

It took a while to develop this solution, and was specific to the command
set of the printer, but it worked and worked well.

HTH

Karl

Mon, 01 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion 2.1 (Dos) printing
Hi Tom:

Given that CPD 2.1 ceased production about six years ago,
there was a 3rd party product called IMAGIN that would do
what you want.

Try a web search for IMAGIN and see if they still sell
legacy versions.

Hope this helps...

Quote:

--
 Randy Goodhew
 [oooooooooo]=|

Tue, 02 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Clarion 2.1 Dos Print Problems

2. Clarion 2.1 for DOS and printing in a WIN95 DOS window

3. Printing images in Clarion for DOS 2.1

4. Clarion for DOS 2.1 - printing errors -printer not ready

5. Converting from DOS Clarion 2.1 to Clarion for Win - Questions

6. Clarion 2.1 LEM under Clarion 3.1 for DOS

7. printing problems running dos 2.1 apps under win98

8. Problem printing (DOS CPD 2.1) in Win95

9. printing in DOS 2.1

10. Clarion 2.0 to 2.1 for DOS

11. clarion 2.1 for DOS

12. Hacking Clarion for DOS 2.1 Protection!