Popup window doesn't close (BUG?)
Author Message
 Popup window doesn't close (BUG?)

I am trying to get the Pop-UP window to work correctly...it does funny
things.

It sometimes does not close, but stays opened in another position.
Meaning, I have it setup so a right click, selection will change the
status of a record.  When I right click, select the option I want, it
updates the screen and record fine, but the popup window stays open a
little down and over in the window.  I've tried refresh window,
refresh page, resync window.  When done with my selection, I want the
Popup menu to do away.

Also, there seems to be a bug with the Popup window operation.

If you have Popup Menu setup in the browse embed and have the browse
window opened, if you select another application on the task bar, when
returning by clicking back on the application, the popup window now
appears ON THE  TASK BAR.

To duplicate, create a popup menu on a browse.
Run Application
Right click on any record
Without picking an option, click on another application running
Return back to application by clicking on taskbar
Notice the menu now appears on the taskbar.  weird.

I can deal with this very minor thing, however, the thing that I
really need to fix is why the window stays opened after I made a
selection.

The code looks like this:

  IF KEYCODE() = MouseRight
    BRW1::PopupText = ''
    IF BRW1::RecordCount
          BRW1::PopupText = 'Clean|Dirty|Unavailable|-|Properties'
    ELSE
    END
    EXECUTE(POPUP(BRW1::PopupText))
         begin
         NewStatus='V'
         Do UpdateSelects
         end
         begin
         NewStatus='D'
         Do UpdateSelects
         end
         begin
         NewStatus='U'
         Do UpdateSelects
         end
         begin
         Do SyncWindow
         RoomProp
         END

         SELECT(?Browse:1)
         DO BRW1::RefreshPage

    END

It marks the record correctly, but it does not close the popup window.

suggesions?

Sat, 22 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. ExpectNT BUG: close pipe, child doesn't get EOF

2. 8.0.3 bug: [close $pipe] doesn't catch errors

3. Wish doesn't close when window does...

4. popup menu doesn't appear when tcl/tk script called from C

5. Popup help doesn't work with VAST

6. Builded executable doesn't close the main VI front panel

7. close $pipe doesn't return non-zero exit status

8. Non-blocking close doesn't return immediately on command pipeline

9. Experts? second try: close, doesn't

10. twin (Windows Tk port): pack doesn't grow window

11. tkdesk on fedora core 5 -- doesn't run, doesn't compile

12. A window's -cursor command doesn't report valid options