Scroll Bars on List Box
Author Message
 Scroll Bars on List Box

Hi all,
  Thanks again for all the past help.  I am using C5ee Legacy.  Anyone
got any ideas on how one can 'force' a scrollbar to behave properly
while still allowing the user to sort on different columns? Any
Thanks!
-MLA

Wed, 17 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Scroll Bars on List Box
It is helpful if you explain what it is doing that you do not like.

I've rarely seen a scroll-bar misbehave.  however, there are several
different settings that you use to adjust scroll-bar behavior and some are
more what certain users expect than what others are.

        Tim

Quote:

--
Tim Phillips
Vermont Agency of Natural Resources

Fri, 19 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Scroll Bars on List Box
I am using a view to sort on different columns.  This causes the
scrollbar to not accurately portray the position in the key/view, ie its
always at the top or bottom, regardless of whether you're at the top or
end of the file.  Sorry for the ambiguity and thanks for any
suggestions!
-MLA

Fri, 19 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Scroll Bars on List Box
Greetings Michael,

If you drag the "thumb" (the square) to the middle of the scrollbar,
what happens?  Does it jump back to where it was, or to the opposite
end?  What about the browse; does it stay on the same record or
jump to roughly the appropriate position?

The thumb is controlled by the current key and its distribution;
if you have (for example) only three distinct key values, the thumb
would always be either at the beginning, the end, or halfway in the
middle depending on the value in your current record.

I've seen the exact behavior you describe (a thumb stuck at one end
of the browse), but can't remember what caused it or how to fix it
offhand.  I'm pretty sure it had something to do with keys though...

Mark Kroflich
mark(a)lists-inc.com

Quote:

> I am using a view to sort on different columns.  This causes the
> scrollbar to not accurately portray the position in the key/view,
> ie its always at the top or bottom, regardless of whether you're
> at the top or end of the file.  Sorry for the ambiguity and thanks
> for any suggestions!
> -MLA

Sat, 20 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Scroll Bars on List Box

Quote:
> I am using a view to sort on different columns.  This causes the
> scrollbar to not accurately portray the position in the key/view, ie
its
> always at the top or bottom, regardless of whether you're at the top
or
> end of the file.  Sorry for the ambiguity and thanks for any
> suggestions!
> -MLA

Hello Michael,
On your List Properties / Default tab for your list box, do you have
"Page" selected under "Loading Properties"? -- this can sometimes cause
erratic behavior which can be eliminated by selecting "File" instead.
Best,
Dave Sperling

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 22 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. set scroll bar position list box

2. only add a scroll bar when the window is minimized and scroll bar is needed

3. Scroll bars(?) and dialog boxes

4. Total Box on a browse with scroll bars

5. Scroll bars on browse box'es

6. c4b Clarion: Vertical scroll bar on partially filled list

7. CW2001.01 Scroll bars don't work on lists

8. Scroll Bars on Memory Que List

9. C5 and List Scroll Bars

10. List Views and Horizontal Scroll Bars

11. VWIN32: Smaller title bar and scroll bars? (fwd)

12. VWIN32: Smaller title bar and scroll bars?