Adjusting length of Vertical lines in report
Author Message
 Adjusting length of Vertical lines in report

Surely not HEIGHT?

On Sat, 24 Mar 2001 21:31:02 -0600, "Jay Guengerich"

Quote:

>Elli,

>My guess would be SETTARGET(Report_Label), then set the line's PROP:Height
>equal to the text's PROP:Height, then SETTARGET() after each record is read
>from the file.

>--

>Jay Guengerich
>Reliable Development Corp.

>C5EEb ABC, CW2.003, CFD 3.102

Johan van Zyl - Somerset West - South Africa

DenTec2000 - Short Term Insurance Broker Applications - Pastel Dealer
Hospital Plan - Premium, Debit Order and Claims Management
Retirement Planning Calc - Download form our web site.
Using CPD 2.110, CW5EEb ABC
File Manager 2, Wise Installation
Clarion/Pastel Accounting Systems discussion list
to join: http://www.*-*-*.com/

Clarion/MS SQL Discussion List
to join: http://www.*-*-*.com/ or http://www.*-*-*.com/

Thu, 11 Sep 2003 14:58:55 GMT
 Adjusting length of Vertical lines in report
Hi there,

I think it is a bad idea, because, as I can remember,
PROP:Height returns design time height of memo field.
But, PROP:LineCount returns runtime value, so with a
little experimenting and measuring you can figure out
the right formula (linear with offset) to calculate the
height of the memo field (you can check on
PROP:LineHeight, but I don't know if it works with
reports).

But, there is a catch. It seems that report runtime engine
wrongly calculate detail height when containing resizing
memo field. So, even if you have vertical lines perfectly
lined up with your memo field, you still have a gap between
rows because of detail being too high. You can clearly see
this if you alternate detail color (zebra effect).
To be honest, I noticed this anomaly in versions 2 - 5. Haven't
tried with 5.5, but I cannot remember if anyone reported
this bug, and if it was mentioned in cw5.5 accompanying
readme.* files as being fixed.

Goran Lazic

Quote:
> Elli,

> My guess would be SETTARGET(Report_Label), then set the line's PROP:Height
> equal to the text's PROP:Height, then SETTARGET() after each record is
read
> from the file.

> --

> Jay Guengerich
> Reliable Development Corp.

> C5EEb ABC, CW2.003, CFD 3.102

Sat, 13 Sep 2003 00:05:55 GMT
 Adjusting length of Vertical lines in report
Jay

PROP:height on the text field does only return the original height
regardless of how much it has increased  , any other idea ?

Quote:
>My guess would be SETTARGET(Report_Label), then set the line's PROP:Height
>equal to the text's PROP:Height, then SETTARGET() after each record is read
>from the file.

   Warm regards

     Elli

CW5peB,TPS,Legacy   , win98

Fri, 12 Sep 2003 23:21:41 GMT
 Adjusting length of Vertical lines in report
Goran

Thanks it does not seem that this is to simple , and even if fixed in
5.5 i guess that would only be in the ABC templates

Quote:
>tried with 5.5, but I cannot remember if anyone reported
>this bug, and if it was mentioned in cw5.5 accompanying

   Warm regards

     Elli

CW5peB,TPS,Legacy   , win98

Fri, 12 Sep 2003 23:27:36 GMT
 Adjusting length of Vertical lines in report
Elli,

Quote:
> Goran

> Thanks it does not seem that this is to simple , and even if fixed in

It is not complicated. Just measure text field height when contains
two different number of lines, and solve a simple two-equation system
with two variables.

Quote:
> 5.5 i guess that would only be in the ABC templates

Since you deal just with PROP:Something, it doesn't
matter if you use ABC or Legacy Set. And report
engine is the same.

Regards
Goran Lazic

Quote:
>      Elli

> CW5peB,TPS,Legacy   , win98

Sat, 13 Sep 2003 00:57:28 GMT
 Adjusting length of Vertical lines in report
Hi Elli,

Quote:

>In a report with text fields that i have set with a resize attribute i
>need to lengthen the vertical lines in the detail in correspondence
>whenever the text field increases in vertical size  , to avoid the
>ugly gap

Best option would be to NOT print the text box, but instead create
another detail with just one string on it and the vertical line, and
then print the lines in the textbox:

SetTarget(Report)
  L = ?Loc:TextBox{Prop:LineCount}
  Loop I = 1 To L
    Loc:TextLine = ?Loc:TextBox{Prop:Line,I}
    Print(RPT:TextLineDetail)
  End
SetTarget()

Something like this - not that complicated and should give you what
you want:)

Best regards,

Sun, 14 Sep 2003 01:40:06 GMT

1. Is there a way to adjust the frame length when using a FFT

2. Adjusting String Length: Repsonse...

3. Adjusting string length

4. Report Page Length (report Formatter)

5. Adjusting lines in a file

6. Adjusting X,Y on a report, in runtime

7. Adjusting X,Y on a report

8. Adjusting printed report formats

9. vertical alignment in report

10. Drawing Resizable Vertical Line HELP!!!!

11. Vertical justification in report?

12. waveform graph diplaying straight,vertical line at time=0