mdi app not closing down, some threads just won't close #2
Author Message
 mdi app not closing down, some threads just won't close #2

Yes, C55 latest path, one XP machine w/ latest patch, one without.

Quote:
> Hi Chris
> Silly question but do you have the latest XP Patch ?
> You do not say what version of Clarion you are using ?
> Does not sound like threading but possibly the WOW32.DLL
> Veritas

> > I posted a message earlier about my mdi app not shutting down when I
tell
> it
> > to, some of the windows just sit there, and I have to close them myself
> > let the shutdown continue.

> > Ok, I still don't know why this is happening, but I discovered an odd
> > behavior.  When the lock up occurs, if I just move my mouse over the
> frame's
> > menu bar or tool bar, and the application miraculously comes back to
life
> > and finishes closing down!  I'm running Windows XP and this happens on
my
> > other XP machine as well.

> > Has anyone else at least seen this behavior???

> > --

> > Chris Bordeman
> > Sterling Technologies
> > Senior Developer -- New Orleans
> > 504-733-8311 ext. 37

> > "... The individual may stand upon his constitutional rights
> > as a citizen.  He is entitled to carry on his private business
> > in his own way.  His power to contract is unlimited.  He owes
> > no duty to the State or to his neighbors to divulge his
> > business, or to open his doors to an investigation...  He
> > owes no duty to the State, since he receives nothing therefrom,
> > beyond protection of his life and property.  His rights are
> > such as existed by the law of the land long antecedent to the
> > organization of the State, and can only be taken from him by
> > due process of law, and in accordance with the Constitution...
> > He owes nothing to the public so long as he does not trespass
> > upon their rights."  --HALE v. HENKEL, 210 U.S. at 74 (1905)

Sun, 15 May 2005 00:00:11 GMT
 mdi app not closing down, some threads just won't close #2
Thanks, Charles.  I've already written all the thread management stuff but
I'll look in that thread manager and see if there is anything in it I can
use to guarantee the threads close.

Chris Bordeman

Quote:

> > I posted a message earlier about my mdi app not shutting down when I
tell
> it
> > to, some of the windows just sit there, and I have to close them myself
> > let the shutdown continue.

> > Ok, I still don't know why this is happening, but I discovered an odd
> > behavior.  When the lock up occurs, if I just move my mouse over the
> frame's
> > menu bar or tool bar, and the application miraculously comes back to
life
> > and finishes closing down!  I'm running Windows XP and this happens on
my
> > other XP machine as well.

> > Has anyone else at least seen this behavior???

> Hi Chris,

> I haven't seen that particular behavior (although where Windows is
> concerned - nothing surprises me anymore <G>).  I'll try to replicate it
on
> my XP test system.

> Meanwhile, I'm not sure if someone posted this earlier or not, but take a
> look at Jeff Slarve's Thread Manager.  The URL for the FREE download is:

> http://www.clarionmag.com/cmag/files/jstm-0.9911.zip

> This is a VERY cool tool.  With it you can easily make sure that every
> Window shuts down (or some of them - as you choose).  It is worth taking a
> look at even if you've found a work-around.  This is some nice code!

> HTH,

> Charles Edmonds

Sun, 15 May 2005 00:02:03 GMT
 mdi app not closing down, some threads just won't close #2
What does the WOW32.dll have to do with it?

Chris

Quote:
> Hi Chris
> Silly question but do you have the latest XP Patch ?
> You do not say what version of Clarion you are using ?
> Does not sound like threading but possibly the WOW32.DLL
> Veritas

> > I posted a message earlier about my mdi app not shutting down when I
tell
> it
> > to, some of the windows just sit there, and I have to close them myself
> > let the shutdown continue.

> > Ok, I still don't know why this is happening, but I discovered an odd
> > behavior.  When the lock up occurs, if I just move my mouse over the
> frame's
> > menu bar or tool bar, and the application miraculously comes back to
life
> > and finishes closing down!  I'm running Windows XP and this happens on
my
> > other XP machine as well.

> > Has anyone else at least seen this behavior???

> > --

> > Chris Bordeman
> > Sterling Technologies
> > Senior Developer -- New Orleans
> > 504-733-8311 ext. 37

> > "... The individual may stand upon his constitutional rights
> > as a citizen.  He is entitled to carry on his private business
> > in his own way.  His power to contract is unlimited.  He owes
> > no duty to the State or to his neighbors to divulge his
> > business, or to open his doors to an investigation...  He
> > owes no duty to the State, since he receives nothing therefrom,
> > beyond protection of his life and property.  His rights are
> > such as existed by the law of the land long antecedent to the
> > organization of the State, and can only be taken from him by
> > due process of law, and in accordance with the Constitution...
> > He owes nothing to the public so long as he does not trespass
> > upon their rights."  --HALE v. HENKEL, 210 U.S. at 74 (1905)

Sun, 15 May 2005 00:02:46 GMT

1. Device file not closing on close command

2. to close or not to close?

3. Closed file not really closed

4. Closing an App on Windows Shut down

5. tcl-dp confuses expect's close call with builtin close

6. Question on Opening/Closing a Threaded Window within App Frame

7. Threads are not closing

8. Close a tkinter window (not from win manager!)

9. 2nd window in handcode module won't close

10. excel won't close

11. Why won't VB ActiveX exe shutdown after using Automation close in Labview

12. redemo won't close on me