Clarion 5.5 EE not compatible with Windows WinXP
Author Message
 Clarion 5.5 EE not compatible with Windows WinXP

I recently installed WindowsXP one of my machines (clean install), and then
installed Clarion 5.5 EE on it, however when running Clarion it exits with
an illegal memory access (The WinXP version of a GPF / Segmentation Fault).
Has this issue been address is any of the patches (a-e)? I don't think
Windows XP likes 16 bit apps very much.

Thank you,

Sean Cameron
CapeSoft
www.capesoft.com

Sun, 28 Mar 2004 20:03:34 GMT
 Clarion 5.5 EE not compatible with Windows WinXP
Hi Sean,
I don't think that there are any patches. I'm running Clarion 5.5E on
WinXP without the problems
that you are describing.
Cheers,
Marius Luidens
Quote:

>I recently installed WindowsXP one of my machines (clean install), and then
>installed Clarion 5.5 EE on it, however when running Clarion it exits with
>an illegal memory access (The WinXP version of a GPF / Segmentation Fault).
>Has this issue been address is any of the patches (a-e)? I don't think
>Windows XP likes 16 bit apps very much.

>Thank you,

>Sean Cameron
>CapeSoft
>www.capesoft.com

Sun, 28 Mar 2004 20:36:09 GMT
 Clarion 5.5 EE not compatible with Windows WinXP
Do you have a default printer?

Mike Pickus

Quote:
> I recently installed WindowsXP one of my machines (clean install), and
then
> installed Clarion 5.5 EE on it, however when running Clarion it exits with
> an illegal memory access (The WinXP version of a GPF / Segmentation
Fault).
> Has this issue been address is any of the patches (a-e)? I don't think
> Windows XP likes 16 bit apps very much.

> Thank you,

> Sean Cameron
> CapeSoft
> www.capesoft.com

Sun, 28 Mar 2004 21:14:06 GMT
 Clarion 5.5 EE not compatible with Windows WinXP
Are you running RC1, RC2 or the release version?

Currently I'm running RC1, but the retail version is arriving tommorrow, so
I'll upgrade to that first.

Thanks,
Sean Cameron

Quote:
> Hi Sean,
> I don't think that there are any patches. I'm running Clarion 5.5E on
> WinXP without the problems
> that you are describing.
> Cheers,
> Marius Luidens

> >I recently installed WindowsXP one of my machines (clean install), and
then
> >installed Clarion 5.5 EE on it, however when running Clarion it exits
with
> >an illegal memory access (The WinXP version of a GPF / Segmentation
Fault).
> >Has this issue been address is any of the patches (a-e)? I don't think
> >Windows XP likes 16 bit apps very much.

> >Thank you,

> >Sean Cameron
> >CapeSoft
> >www.capesoft.com

Sun, 28 Mar 2004 22:43:09 GMT
 Clarion 5.5 EE not compatible with Windows WinXP
Yes,

I have a network laser printer as a default printer.
I'll have a go at installing it on the WinXP Home edition machine (which has
the printer attached to it BTW).
The machine it is currently on is running Windows XP Professional RC1, I'll
change it to the release version tomorrow when it arrives.

thanks,
Sean Cameron

Quote:
> Do you have a default printer?

> Mike Pickus

> > I recently installed WindowsXP one of my machines (clean install), and
> then
> > installed Clarion 5.5 EE on it, however when running Clarion it exits
with
> > an illegal memory access (The WinXP version of a GPF / Segmentation
> Fault).
> > Has this issue been address is any of the patches (a-e)? I don't think
> > Windows XP likes 16 bit apps very much.

> > Thank you,

> > Sean Cameron
> > CapeSoft
> > www.capesoft.com

Sun, 28 Mar 2004 22:45:40 GMT
 Clarion 5.5 EE not compatible with Windows WinXP
C55D runs fine on my copy of XP. I ran it on beta 2, rc 1, rc 2 and now
XP gold.

C5b has been a little snippy on the beta/rc copies. I havent tried it
on the gold version yet.

---
Mark Riffey
Granite Bear Development
http://www.granitebear.com

Software for professional photography
studios, cultured marble / cast polymer /
solid surface manufacturers and non-profit
organizations

Sun, 28 Mar 2004 20:23:19 GMT
 Clarion 5.5 EE not compatible with Windows WinXP
Thanks,

I'll have a go a updating C55 to C55D.

Sean Cameron

Quote:
> C55D runs fine on my copy of XP. I ran it on beta 2, rc 1, rc 2 and now
> XP gold.

> C5b has been a little snippy on the beta/rc copies. I havent tried it
> on the gold version yet.

> ---
> Mark Riffey
> Granite Bear Development
> http://www.granitebear.com

> Software for professional photography
> studios, cultured marble / cast polymer /
> solid surface manufacturers and non-profit
> organizations

Mon, 29 Mar 2004 22:14:47 GMT
 Clarion 5.5 EE not compatible with Windows WinXP
Hi Sean,

Quote:
>I have a network laser printer as a default printer.

If that printer is NOT accessable when you run Clarion, it probably
will not run.

Best regards,

Arnr Baldvinsson
San Antonio, Texas, USA
www.icetips.com & www.candobidding.com

ICQ:  113314380

Mon, 29 Mar 2004 23:15:56 GMT
 Clarion 5.5 EE not compatible with Windows WinXP
Thanks,

I'll make sure the printer is accessable before running Clarion. Any idea
when SoftVelocity intend to fix this?

cheers,
Sean Cameron

Quote:
> Hi Sean,

> >I have a network laser printer as a default printer.

> If that printer is NOT accessable when you run Clarion, it probably
> will not run.

> Best regards,

> Arnr Baldvinsson
> San Antonio, Texas, USA
> www.icetips.com & www.candobidding.com

> ICQ:  113314380

Tue, 30 Mar 2004 22:06:27 GMT

1. Clarion 5.5 EE does not start in ME

2. Clarion 5.5 EE using the Clarion Templates - No Take New Selection Embed

3. Error Clarion 5.5 ee and ODBC

4. Clarion 5.5 EE RC2

5. MySQL and Clarion 5.5 EE

6. E-Mail in Clarion 5.5 ee

7. Need Serial Number for Clarion 5.5 EE

8. Clarion 5.5 ee & Internet

9. Clarion not compatible with Windows 2000