Changing colour of fields on reports.
Author Message
 Changing colour of fields on reports.

Hi

We have a report where we want to have a field in a different colour. But no
amount of effort in the report designer will produce anything other than
black on while when the report is run.

We have also tried changing the fields properties in code, but still to no
avail.

Using C5 ABC.

TIA

Innotech Systems

Sun, 05 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Changing colour of fields on reports.

Quote:

> We have also tried changing the fields properties in code, but
still to no
> avail.

Is your printer set for colour ?

Colin R.

Sun, 05 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Changing colour of fields on reports.
Colin

The colour change does not even take place in the print preview.

Andy

Quote:

> > We have also tried changing the fields properties in code, but
> still to no
> > avail.

> Is your printer set for colour ?

> Colin R.

Tue, 07 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Changing colour of fields on reports.
Mmm.
If you go into the report formatter and alter the color of an object
(string, text entry) does it in fact change color on the screen?  Then
exit the procedure and come back in.  Is the object still holding the
color?  Use something like COLOR:BLUE that is a standard color.

        Tim

Quote:

--
Tim Phillips
Vermont Agency of Natural Resources

Tue, 07 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Changing colour of fields on reports.
FWIW I have a customer with a color laser printer and I've never been
able to get color to work either.

Al

Tue, 07 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Changing colour of fields on reports.
The object holds the colour in the designer, but not at runtime.

I forgot to mention that we are using the Report Wizard extension template
on this report.

Andy

Quote:
> Mmm.
> If you go into the report formatter and alter the color of an object
> (string, text entry) does it in fact change color on the screen?  Then
> exit the procedure and come back in.  Is the object still holding the
> color?  Use something like COLOR:BLUE that is a standard color.

>         Tim

Tue, 07 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Changing colour of fields on reports.
Hi Andy,

Quote:
> The colour change does not even take place in the print

preview.

Strange,  I am using (still) CW2 and, I have no problems at
all..
The method is simply to change the properties of the field in
the report formatter.  No further effort required..  If it
helps, I always set the 'transparent' attribute on report
fields..  Don't think it has anything to do with it but, you
never know..

Colin R.

Wed, 08 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Changing colour of fields on reports.
I'm stumped.
I shift colors around and don't have a problem, but I also don't use the
ReportWizard template.
What happens without that template?
With a standard report template?
        Tim

Quote:

--
Tim Phillips
Vermont Agency of Natural Resources
Department of Environmental Conservation

Fri, 10 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Changing colour of fields on reports.
Hi Tim (and all other group members)

We have tied the problem down to use of the report wizard template.

We are following this up with Nice Touch, the results will be posted here.

Andy

Quote:
> I'm stumped.
> I shift colors around and don't have a problem, but I also don't use the
> ReportWizard template.
> What happens without that template?
> With a standard report template?
>         Tim

Sat, 11 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Changing Report Fields at Runtime

2. Change Entry Fields To String Fields.

3. Colour of DISABLED variables or field content

4. VW2 Changing Background Colour

5. AbtHtmlTableColumn: change colour of heading?

6. How to Change Title Bar colour?

7. Scrollbar Color or Colour Change in Clarion

8. get indicator to change colour

9. Changing TextGadgets colour

10. changing background colour of an rc_graphic window

11. Colour Change

12. changing colour