Form opening below browse
Author Message
 Form opening below browse

In two separate programs, both using ini files, a Form window will sometimes appear below
the browse it is updating.  This can occur on one machine, but not on others.

Anyone have any ideas why this might happen?

The browse and form procedures are bog standard CW 2.003 template code.

Geoff Bomford
ComForMark
Computer services For Marketing
Sydney,  Australia

Mon, 10 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Form opening below browse

Check the offending machine's INI file.  You will probably find that the
x,y numbers are a bit big (forcing it low on the screen or even off the
screen itself).  If off the screen, then open the file with a text editor
of your choice and find the section for the procedure form.  Compare the
numbers with similiar forms and change them to a lower number.  Restart
your app and it should now be fine.

If the screen is lower than expected, simply drag it up to where the user
wants it and drop it there.  When you exit the form, the new x,y numbers
will be written to the INI.

HTH,
--
Russell B. Eggen
Topspeed Consulting & Education

[Using MS Internet News 3.0]

Quote:
> In two separate programs, both using ini files, a Form window will

sometimes appear below
Quote:
> the browse it is updating.  This can occur on one machine, but not on
others.

> Anyone have any ideas why this might happen?

> The browse and form procedures are bog standard CW 2.003 template code.

> Geoff Bomford
> ComForMark
> Computer services For Marketing
> Sydney,  Australia

Wed, 12 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Form opening below browse

Thanks, I hadn't thought of that.  Maybe specifying the form as 'Centred' is the solution?

Quote:
>Check the offending machine's INI file.  You will probably find that the
>x,y numbers are a bit big (forcing it low on the screen or even off the
>screen itself).  If off the screen, then open the file with a text editor
>of your choice and find the section for the procedure form.  Compare the
>numbers with similiar forms and change them to a lower number.  Restart
>your app and it should now be fine.

>If the screen is lower than expected, simply drag it up to where the user
>wants it and drop it there.  When you exit the form, the new x,y numbers
>will be written to the INI.

>HTH,
>--
>Russell B. Eggen
>Topspeed Consulting & Education

>[Using MS Internet News 3.0]

>> In two separate programs, both using ini files, a Form window will
>sometimes appear below
>> the browse it is updating.  This can occur on one machine, but not on
>others.

>> Anyone have any ideas why this might happen?

>> The browse and form procedures are bog standard CW 2.003 template code.

>> Geoff Bomford
>> ComForMark
>> Computer services For Marketing
>> Sydney,  Australia

Geoff Bomford
ComForMark
Computer services For Marketing
Sydney,  Australia

Fri, 14 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. why error message on this form code below

2. browse on a form;form not saved

3. browse-form-browse and eip

4. Browse On Form Reads Entire Range Instead of a Single Browse Page

5. refreshing browse box on form from parent browse

6. open a new form out of a form

7. Form only - No browse

8. Update Selected Record on Browse without Calling Form ?

9. Is Form-Browsing possible

10. ADDING ENTRY FORM TO BROWSE BOX

11. Call a Form without the parent Browse

12. Update Forms without Browse