Dumb question - INCLUDE
Author Message
 Dumb question - INCLUDE

Hello dear readers

I'd like to include SomeEquateStuff.clw globally. The strange thing is,
what ever I set as the name/path, it is not found by the system. I e.g.
put it into scrlib (should be found through the redirection file), not
found. I gave the complete path/name to the file, not found. What goes??
--
Regards
R. Gathmann

Sat, 21 May 2005 05:27:51 GMT
 Dumb question - INCLUDE
Ralph,

    Try a smaller name (eight letters or less). The IDE may have
problems with long names (depending on which version of Clarion).

    Regards,

    kurtt

    Kurt Pawlikowski
    The Pinrod Corporation

    (773) 284-9500
    http://pinrod.com

Quote:

>Hello dear readers

>I'd like to include SomeEquateStuff.clw globally. The strange thing is,
>what ever I set as the name/path, it is not found by the system. I e.g.
>put it into scrlib (should be found through the redirection file), not
>found. I gave the complete path/name to the file, not found. What goes??

Sat, 21 May 2005 06:02:28 GMT
 Dumb question - INCLUDE
Hi Ralph,

On Mon, 02 Dec 2002 22:27:51 +0100, Ralph Gathmann

Quote:

>I'd like to include SomeEquateStuff.clw globally. The strange thing is,
>what ever I set as the name/path, it is not found by the system. I e.g.
>put it into scrlib (should be found through the redirection file), not
>found. I gave the complete path/name to the file, not found. What goes??

Try it with a 8.3 name, i.e. no long names.

Best regards,

Arnr Baldvinsson
Icetips Software
San Antonio, Texas, USA
www.icetips.com

ICQ:  113314380

Subscribe to information from Icetips.com:
http://www.icetips.com/getnotificationinfo.htm

Sat, 21 May 2005 06:06:45 GMT
 Dumb question - INCLUDE
Ralph Gathmann schrieb:

Quote:

> Hello dear readers

> I'd like to include SomeEquateStuff.clw globally. The strange thing is,
> what ever I set as the name/path, it is not found by the system. I e.g.
> put it into scrlib (should be found through the redirection file), not
> found. I gave the complete path/name to the file, not found. What goes??

Hi Kurt/Arnor,

the name is already 8.3 unless the entire path must not be longer than 8
chars!?

include('c:\c55\projects\dutix\dutixeq.clw')
--
Regards
R. Gathmann

Sat, 21 May 2005 06:40:14 GMT
 Dumb question - INCLUDE

Ralph,

    Hum... I'd make sure your RED file is correct (open it from the menu
AFTER opening the app and use the "IDE's SETUP | Edit Redirection File"
menu selection so you know it's the correct one). Of course, if you're
using ABC, it should generated lots of CLW files and many of the
templates require CLW includes within the LIBSRC. About the only other
thing I can think of  that would interfere with the RED path would be
system resources. Make sure all the old OBJ and temporary files are
cleared out...

    Let us know what you find...

    Regards,

    kurtt

    Kurt Pawlikowski
    The Pinrod Corporation

    (773) 284-9500
    http://pinrod.com

Quote:

>Ralph Gathmann schrieb:

>>Hello dear readers

>>I'd like to include SomeEquateStuff.clw globally. The strange thing is,
>>what ever I set as the name/path, it is not found by the system. I e.g.
>>put it into scrlib (should be found through the redirection file), not
>>found. I gave the complete path/name to the file, not found. What goes??

>Hi Kurt/Arnor,

>the name is already 8.3 unless the entire path must not be longer than 8
>chars!?

>include('c:\c55\projects\dutix\dutixeq.clw')

Sat, 21 May 2005 08:23:55 GMT
 Dumb question - INCLUDE
Hi Ralph,

On Mon, 02 Dec 2002 23:40:14 +0100, Ralph Gathmann

Quote:

>> I'd like to include SomeEquateStuff.clw globally. The strange thing is,
>the name is already 8.3 unless the entire path must not be longer than 8
>chars!?

>include('c:\c55\projects\dutix\dutixeq.clw')

Ok, but someequatestuff.clw isn't<g>

Check the .RED file and make sure that whatever path you have is
included.  You can use relative paths, like .; .\clws; %ROOT%\libsrc

etc.

Best regards,

Arnr Baldvinsson
Icetips Software
San Antonio, Texas, USA
www.icetips.com

ICQ:  113314380

Subscribe to information from Icetips.com:
http://www.icetips.com/getnotificationinfo.htm

Sat, 21 May 2005 08:51:00 GMT

1. Dumb newbie asks dumber question

2. GPF goes away when use debugger...or Dumb and Dumber

3. Dumb question re date/time picker

4. Automation - dumb question

5. Dumb beginner question...

6. Real Dumb Question on APL Domino

7. Dumb question about binary representaions in J

8. more dumb newbie questions

9. Benchmark Workshop tool - dumb (?) question

10. dumb question

11. very newbie dumb question

12. A dumb question - Thanks!!