Inserting a record causes app to hang
Author Message
 Inserting a record causes app to hang

Hello there.
I have got a C5 wizard app that hangs when inserting a new record into any
of the database files. Files are all Topspeed database files. The app worked
perfectly and while I was designing reports something happened (- sounds
like a typical end-user). I am not sure what though.
I have a simple database file. Two keys - 1 primary record number
(autonumber) and the other alphabetical list of a string field. No relations
to any other file.
I thought , ok maybe c5 wizard has corrputed the app. So I created a new app
using the old dictionary and created a browse and update for the file. Make
and Run and hey it hangs too. Click on insert (or keyboard), enter field
data and click OK (or keyboard - enter) and the app hangs. No GPF or
anything.
This problem is duplicated for all the other files in the dict too.
I hope I am missing something simple and obvious. Any suggestions
appreciated.

Gavin Duxbury

Fri, 09 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. App hangs on Record Insert

2. summer 87 - certain number of records causes indexing to hang

3. A.S.A.P: Successful insert, choose: insert another record/return to caller

4. Prime record fields on insert - Before adding auto incremented record

5. Insert record if record not found?

6. Adding child records for a newly inserted parent record (CW2003)

7. Inserting a record visually between two records.

8. WinXP: App hangs at end of App

9. App on Novell 4.11 hangs station intermittently, thus causing all stations to hang until reboot.

10. File Locked cause program HANG!

11. possible causes of hangs?

12. Tkinter causes hang