File Conversion Problem - Please Help
Author Message
 File Conversion Problem - Please Help

I am having a problem with converting files in CW5EE.
In the dictionary, I open my file then do the generate source procedure.

I go to the source and modify it.  I load the *.prj and edit some lines,
like changing it to no debug and 32-bit.
I clean compile the conversion program and then the problem is
encountered.

The program will not execute....

I have done this process on many occasions with C4 and never enceoutered
problems.  The code looks good.  What am I missing??  Even the simplest
DAT to TPS does not work.

TIA,

STEVE

Sun, 11 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 File Conversion Problem - Please Help
I performed the same conversion last week with c5pe and ran into a
problem. In my

situation C5 coppies all dat files to a temporary conversion file which
was TPS and

then copied them to the wrong name using a dat extension and erasing the
original dat

files. I cant believe I did this myself on 11 files so I have to assume
that the code

was generated incorrectly. This was with the patch. I will go back and
see if it was Clarion or me but I suspect is was clarion. Check you
could and see if your original

data is intact.

David

Quote:

> I am having a problem with converting files in CW5EE.
> In the dictionary, I open my file then do the generate source procedure.

> I go to the source and modify it.  I load the *.prj and edit some lines,
> like changing it to no debug and 32-bit.
> I clean compile the conversion program and then the problem is
> encountered.

> The program will not execute....

> I have done this process on many occasions with C4 and never enceoutered
> problems.  The code looks good.  What am I missing??  Even the simplest
> DAT to TPS does not work.

> TIA,

> STEVE

Sun, 11 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 File Conversion Problem - Please Help

I double checked. The error was partly clarion and partly mine. When I
went to convertt the dat file to tps, clarion 5 automatically created
the name *.dat instead of *.tps. I didnt catch it in the source.
David

Quote:

> > I am having a problem with converting files in CW5EE.
> > In the dictionary, I open my file then do the generate source procedure.

> > I go to the source and modify it.  I load the *.prj and edit some lines,
> > like changing it to no debug and 32-bit.
> > I clean compile the conversion program and then the problem is
> > encountered.

> > The program will not execute....

> > I have done this process on many occasions with C4 and never enceoutered
> > problems.  The code looks good.  What am I missing??  Even the simplest
> > DAT to TPS does not work.

> > TIA,

> > STEVE

Sun, 11 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 File Conversion Problem - Please Help
David,
This was not my problem.  Every darn time I do a
conversion regardless of the source or target
format, the {*filter*}y conversion program does not
execute.  It clean complies and gives me an
executable file that does not even execute from
WIN98 explorer.

I have never had this problem before and I do not
have it on my PC with CW4b, so what is the
problem???  I have done this millions of time and
never had this problem until I loaded CW5EEa.
This is most aggravating and I wish someone can
give me a solution.

I am going to try to run the CLW in CW4b.

Later,
STEVE

Quote:

> I double checked. The error was partly clarion

and partly mine. When I
Quote:
> went to convertt the dat file to tps, clarion 5

automatically created
Quote:
> the name *.dat instead of *.tps. I didnt catch
it in the source.
> David

> > > I am having a problem with converting files
in CW5EE.
> > > In the dictionary, I open my file then do

the generate source procedure.
Quote:

> > > I go to the source and modify it.  I load

the *.prj and edit some lines,
Quote:
> > > like changing it to no debug and 32-bit.
> > > I clean compile the conversion program and
then the problem is
> > > encountered.

> > > The program will not execute....

> > > I have done this process on many occasions

with C4 and never enceoutered
Quote:
> > > problems.  The code looks good.  What am I

missing??  Even the simplest

Quote:
> > > DAT to TPS does not work.

> > > TIA,

> > > STEVE

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 13 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 File Conversion Problem - Please Help
I took the same CW5EEa CLW (now converting Basic to TPS) and modified
the PRJ for CW4b and complied the program.  As Standalone or Local, the
EXE does not run when I press the RUN button.  However, the local exe
ran successfully when I executed it from WIN95 Explorer.

What is happening here?  This used to work and CW4/Bin is in my path.
I have not installed new software to this PC, so what is happening.  I
am always converting files, I need this to work flawlessly.  Please
point me in a direction to fix this problem.

BTW, this behavior also occurs on my WIN95 laptop after I installed
CW5EEa.

Thanks,

STEVE

Quote:
> I am having a problem with converting files in CW5EE.
> In the dictionary, I open my file then do the generate source
procedure.

> I go to the source and modify it.  I load the *.prj and edit some
lines,
> like changing it to no debug and 32-bit.
> I clean compile the conversion program and then the problem is
> encountered.

> The program will not execute....

> I have done this process on many occasions with C4 and never
enceoutered
> problems.  The code looks good.  What am I missing??  Even the
simplest
> DAT to TPS does not work.

> TIA,

> STEVE

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Tue, 13 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. File Conversion; Please Help Me

2. File Conversion Help Please

3. VSE 3.1 Repository Problem: Please help (please please?)

4. Problem with dots within a file (Please HELP ME

5. Problem with dots within a file (Please HELP ME

6. Please help for "File open problem"

7. Please help, DBT file problem

8. Conversion of Clarion Dates - Please Help!

9. Please help with API conversion to C5

10. Please help w/C struct & typedef Conversion

11. please, please, please, please, help

12. Data Conversion: Integer to String --Please Help