Highlighted record
Author Message
 Highlighted record

c5.5abc

Hi
I have a list box on a window that is populated WITHOUT control template
and I have a local queue which I set with files as the  window opens
works fine. but I want some code on a button do somthing(vauge i know=))
with the current file highlighted but it only does it to the last record i
set on open window how do i update to the file highlighted?
i have tried   ThisWindow.UpdateBuffer but i get complie errors
Unknown procedure on ThisWindow
and field not found on updatebuffer
is this because the list was populated without control?
TIA,
Gavin Uttley

Sat, 13 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Highlighted record
Hi Gavin,

ThisWindow is incorrect. You should be referring to the Browse Class. eg:

If the browse class was defined as follows:

BRW1                 CLASS(BrowseClass)               ! Browse using
?Browse:1
Q                      &Queue:Browse:1                !Reference to browse
queue
ResetSort              PROCEDURE(BYTE Force),BYTE,PROC,VIRTUAL
                     END

Then use:

BRW1.UpdateBuffer

- works for me.

Cheers,

Carl

Quote:
> c5.5abc

> Hi
> I have a list box on a window that is populated WITHOUT control template
> and I have a local queue which I set with files as the  window opens
> works fine. but I want some code on a button do somthing(vauge i know=))
> with the current file highlighted but it only does it to the last record i
> set on open window how do i update to the file highlighted?
> i have tried   ThisWindow.UpdateBuffer but i get complie errors
> Unknown procedure on ThisWindow
> and field not found on updatebuffer
> is this because the list was populated without control?
> TIA,
> Gavin Uttley

Sat, 13 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Highlighted record
Gavin -

 Get(Queue,Choice(?List))

On Tue, 25 Jan 2000 09:54:03 -0800, "Gavin Uttley"

Quote:

>c5.5abc

>Hi
>I have a list box on a window that is populated WITHOUT control template
>and I have a local queue which I set with files as the  window opens
>works fine. but I want some code on a button do somthing(vauge i know=))
>with the current file highlighted but it only does it to the last record i
>set on open window how do i update to the file highlighted?
>i have tried   ThisWindow.UpdateBuffer but i get complie errors
>Unknown procedure on ThisWindow
>and field not found on updatebuffer
>is this because the list was populated without control?
>TIA,
>Gavin Uttley

Jeff Slarve  [Team Topspeed]
http://www.jssoftware.com

Sat, 13 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Highlighted record
Oops Instead of  ThisWindow.UpdateBuffer i should have used
Brw#.Updatebuffer!
and this works
but i have to populate with contol template to get the object brw#

Quote:
> c5.5abc

> Hi
> I have a list box on a window that is populated WITHOUT control template
> and I have a local queue which I set with files as the  window opens
> works fine. but I want some code on a button do somthing(vauge i know=))
> with the current file highlighted but it only does it to the last record i
> set on open window how do i update to the file highlighted?
> i have tried   ThisWindow.UpdateBuffer but i get complie errors
> Unknown procedure on ThisWindow
> and field not found on updatebuffer
> is this because the list was populated without control?
> TIA,
> Gavin Uttley

Sat, 13 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Highlighted record
Quote:

> is this because the list was populated without control?

Yes. No thiswindow without at template. Use choice(?listcontrolFEQ) to
get the index of the queue and get(queuename,choice(?listcontrolFEQ))to
get the item.
-----------
Jim Kane  - TeamTopSpeed
Productive Software Solutions
Can't Find that Message?
Get Organized, Get ForKeeps!
www.fkeeps.com

Sat, 13 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Deleting Highlighted Record in Browse

2. Highlight record on list with QUEUE

3. Grabbing Highlighted Record from Browse

4. highlighted record

5. Set highlighted record to top of browse box after locate

6. How do I retrieve the highlighted record in a Browse?

7. C4b ABC - Find and highlight a certain record in a child browse

8. Moving a browse highlight bar to a record

9. Starting browse highlighting the last record

10. C4a Highlight bar on first record in queue returning from update

11. Highlight first record on the browse

12. Wrong record highlighted