Multiple Detail Bands
Author Message
 Multiple Detail Bands

G'day Larry,
I'm a user of your CPCS 2.10, under CW2001.
I'm not exactly clear of the usage of multiple detail bands.  I was wondering
if you could enlighten me as to what purpose they serve.
I am actually working on a report that requires the records of another file to
be printed after the group footer for the details of the main file (well, it's
a queue) when a break is made. Does any of this make sense? - If only I could
put it into english!  OK, the report has been set up to print pay details by
employee.  When I have summarised the gross/nett, etc. for a particular
employee, I would like to loop through another file that contains the various
perfomance ratios used to calculate the employees pay - and just print them, on
the same page.
The easiest way to achieve this, in effect, I thought would be to have a WMF
for each of the office's performance ratio lists, and print it as an image,
selecting the appropriate file.  This would be OK as an image, because I simply
want to print the details.
According to the CW manuals, the ?control{PROP:Text} property is used to assign
filenames to images for browses, etc.  I tried this in the report, and did not
have any joy - perhaps not supported in reports?
Since I'm not really sure of the multiple detail bands, I have absolutely no
idea if this will achieve what I would like, or if I'm totally off the track
thinking about these!
Thanks heaps for any suggestions, info., etc.
Lloyd

Sat, 01 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Multiple Detail Bands

Lloyd,

I am not sure if my solution is elegant or
the right way, but it works for me.

Put a filter on the extra details such as
ShowDetail2 = True

ShowDetail2   Long

Then when I want it to print I set it to true.

Jim

Quote:

> G'day Larry,
> I'm a user of your CPCS 2.10, under CW2001.
> I'm not exactly clear of the usage of multiple detail bands.  I was wondering
> if you could enlighten me as to what purpose they serve.
> I am actually working on a report that requires the records of another file to
> be printed after the group footer for the details of the main file (well, it's
> a queue) when a break is made. Does any of this make sense? - If only I could
> put it into english!  OK, the report has been set up to print pay details by
> employee.  When I have summarised the gross/nett, etc. for a particular
> employee, I would like to loop through another file that contains the various
> perfomance ratios used to calculate the employees pay - and just print them, on
> the same page.
> The easiest way to achieve this, in effect, I thought would be to have a WMF
> for each of the office's performance ratio lists, and print it as an image,
> selecting the appropriate file.  This would be OK as an image, because I simply
> want to print the details.
> According to the CW manuals, the ?control{PROP:Text} property is used to assign
> filenames to images for browses, etc.  I tried this in the report, and did not
> have any joy - perhaps not supported in reports?
> Since I'm not really sure of the multiple detail bands, I have absolutely no
> idea if this will achieve what I would like, or if I'm totally off the track
> thinking about these!
> Thanks heaps for any suggestions, info., etc.
> Lloyd

Sat, 01 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Report Writer and Multiple Detail Bands

2. multiple detail band in report writer

3. Multiple detail bands in report question

4. Report Writer 2: Problem with Multiple Detail Bands

5. Detail band vs Form band

6. Blank lines in Report (Detail Band)

7. Report with 2 Detail bands

8. running calculation in the detail band CW2003

9. Report-Detail Band

10. Report - Detail Band

11. Detail band filter

12. Detail Band Height ?